XR650L stock tire life span ?

OK guys, you have all assured me of how long lasting, easy maintenance that this street legal dirt bike is !...I'm sold on it. Found a couple new '07s in the area and I think I will make a deposit on one and make the purchase next month so warranty will carry over till next spring. Soooo...(1) what is the life span of the stock tires 70/30 ridin'? (2) what is the life span of any other DOT tire for this bike? (606..etc.)

I have about 2,500 on my Kenda 270 rear. It has a long way to go.

My Pirelli MT18 front has about 2,000 and the knobs are still there but are wearing on the back side. I give them both about 1,000 - 1,500 more.

Wow, that is very good mileage for any tire on a 650L. The Kenda 270 is a pretty long lasting tire. A more aggressive dirt tire like a D606 will not last very long. Perhaps as short as 1000 miles, or less.

How you ride makes a huge difference too. Aggressive driving kills tires as well.

The stock tires arent worth the rubber it takes to make them so in my opinion the life would be as long as it takes to get home to change them! :eek: Had good results with the dunlop 606's on my third set average about 3000-3500 miles on rears and 4500 on fronts. You do have to keep in mind that hard sstreet riding will wear them quickly, same with braking on the front will point the knobs if you brake hard too much. They are not the greatest tires but they seem to do everything well. Its a compromise with all we ask them to do. :applause: