Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdg50

07 wr450 3.3 gal gas tank

24 posts in this topic

can any one tell me where i can get a 3.3 gal gas tank that fits good.

thanks gpdg50

cant find anyone that makes them yet

IMS , Acerbis , and Clarke all make quality tanks. Don't know if you can get a 3.3 gallon, but you'll be close with all. (MY IMS tank on my '05 is 3.1 gallons, good for 85-95 miles.)

Clarke and IMS both have a 3.1 but I spoke to Clarke and they told me their 3.1 only fits up to an 06; it does not fit the 07 and they couldn't tell me when they would have it. The 06/07 IMS 3.1 for the YZ fits but you must replace the shrouds with YZ shrouds. If you do this the OEM graphics are 86 per SIDE but you can get a set of OEM knock offs from Rocky Mountain for 36 per PAIR.

Ditto that. I have not found an after market tank for the '07 yet, other than IMS , and I really don't want to buy YZ shrouds. Seems like a waste.

I understand this is a new bike and everything, but I am disappointed that no

companies have stepped up with an offering yet.

For comparison, when the CRF450X was released in 2005, several aftermarket tanks were readily available. Honda definitely has the advantage here.

For comparison, when the CRF450X was released in 2005, several aftermarket tanks were readily available. Honda definitely has the advantage here.

Yeah , but you can't have any fun riding a red tank. LOL :-) WR Dave.

Does anyone have any pics (both sides) of the 3.? gal tanks on the new WR450f ? And were there any installation issues besides YZ shrouds? WR Dave

Does anyone have any pics (both sides) of the 3.? gal tanks on the new WR450f ? And were there any installation issues besides YZ shrouds? WR Dave

The seat's a tight fit, but that's alleviated by putting a 1/8" spacer (I used a nylon washer) under the tank post to raise the post up.

I'll take some pics tonight if I remember.

Thanks SXP. Check your PM's for my e-mail address if that makes it any easier to send pics. WR Dave.

Thanks SXP. Check your PM's for my e-mail address if that makes it any easier to send pics. WR Dave.

Here you go.....

IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

Looks good, Im gonna have to step up to the plate and pick one up.

I hate hitting the reserve every ride.

Where are you all purchasing these?

How much were they?

which year YZ shrouds do you need?

Many thanks!!!

Fabian

I live in Canada, so i got the tank and shrouds through a Canadian supplier, but the TT store can fix you up nicely. The tank and shrouds were comparable priced after exchanges and duties and taxes ( UPS screws us hard up here). The shrouds are off of a same year YZf as your WR. Member SXP has been a great resource ,for me anyway, with pics and info. It must be nice to be able access the parts system without too much hassle. The tank was in the $225.00 USD range and the shrouds were $35 USD. WR Dave.

It should be noted that the YZ seat is wider at the front ( I have both). So if you look close at the pictures, the seat is a little narrow for the tank.

So if one bought a YZ seat it would be a perfect fit?

The seat pan of a YZ seat is different from the WR - it won't bolt up. The mounting tangs under the seat are different.

I didn't have any trouble with the stock seat (no shims) fitting to the new tank:confused: WR Dave.

100_1146.jpg

100_1157.jpg

I didn't have any trouble with the stock seat (no shims) fitting to the new tank:confused: WR Dave.

100_1146.jpg

100_1157.jpg

dave, where did you get those accordian things on the forks?

are they off of an XR or something?