05 WR450 Rear Tire 120/100/18

anybody run a 120/100/18? :applause: Looks pretty massive and maybe will have problems fitting between the swingarm and the caliper? I would like to try this tire but not sure if I could get it in.?

Thats what I'm running on my 05 WR450 at the time. The one thing I don't like about it is the low profill look. The knobs are massive but I thimk I"m going to go back to110/100/18 more meater look.:applause:

Thats what I'm running on my 05 WR450 at the time. The one thing I don't like about it is the low profill look. The knobs are massive but I thimk I"m going to go back to110/100/18 more meater look.:applause:

? Huh? A 120/100 has a higher sidewall profile than a 110/100...SC

yeh i think 140 is the widest tyre you can stick on the rear. i use one cos the traction is better in the mud and it looks better than a skinni lookin 110 imo::applause:

...Actually supermoto guys can fit a 165 in the rear... it done all the time!!!?

• 1 year later...

I'm looking for a new rear and was wondering about the width issue. I'm running at 110/110/18 at the moment, and have noticed (after doing a search on the tyre width issue) some of you guys say you get more grip with the wider tyre. Does this depend on the terrain?

Most of our terrain is sand and woops. Would wider equal more traction in these conditions? Any impact on stability? I'm going to stick with the Dunlop 756 as they're a magic mix of durability and grip in our conditions. Just not sure on the size.

Was considering going to a 120/100/18, if that's the right ratio for a 120 width?