05 WR450 Rear Tire 120/100/18

anybody run a 120/100/18? :applause: Looks pretty massive and maybe will have problems fitting between the swingarm and the caliper? I would like to try this tire but not sure if I could get it in.:lol:

That's all I run on the back...Maxxis IT 120...SC

Thats what I'm running on my 05 WR450 at the time. The one thing I don't like about it is the low profill look. The knobs are massive but I thimk I"m going to go back to110/100/18 more meater look.:applause:

Thats what I'm running on my 05 WR450 at the time. The one thing I don't like about it is the low profill look. The knobs are massive but I thimk I"m going to go back to110/100/18 more meater look.:applause:

:lol: Huh? A 120/100 has a higher sidewall profile than a 110/100...SC

i run a 140 rear some times drop to 130 but no lower as i struggle for traction and i seem to get better traction inn thhe mud with the larger tyres :applause:

I run a 120/100/18 on my 06 WR450. It fits just fine, and IMO gets better grip than the 110.

yeh i think 140 is the widest tyre you can stick on the rear. i use one cos the traction is better in the mud and it looks better than a skinni lookin 110 imo::applause:

wider the tyre the bigger the foot print the more sh*t can be shifted more traction you have

wider the tyre the bigger the foot print the more sh*t can be shifted more traction you have

It also creates more unsprung weight and takes more power to turn.

yeh i think 140 is the widest tyre you can stick on the rear. i use one cos the traction is better in the mud and it looks better than a skinni lookin 110 imo::applause:

...Actually supermoto guys can fit a 165 in the rear... it done all the time!!! :lol:

That's all I run on the back...Maxxis IT 120...SC

could you post a picture of this from the back please

thanks!

I use to run a 120. Now I think a 160--see garage.

The 120 fits fine, don't go with the Pirelli MT18. I barely got 40 miles out of it before the knobs started chunking off. It's back to Maxxis for me.:applause:

i run 165 rear in supermoto set up and it fits just fine

i run 165 rear in supermoto set up and it fits just fine

IMGP0285.jpg

Fits great!

I'm looking for a new rear and was wondering about the width issue. I'm running at 110/110/18 at the moment, and have noticed (after doing a search on the tyre width issue) some of you guys say you get more grip with the wider tyre. Does this depend on the terrain?

Most of our terrain is sand and woops. Would wider equal more traction in these conditions? Any impact on stability? I'm going to stick with the Dunlop 756 as they're a magic mix of durability and grip in our conditions. Just not sure on the size.

Was considering going to a 120/100/18, if that's the right ratio for a 120 width?

that will fit perfect, I have that same tire on my 04

It will fit no problem. I've been running a 120/100/18 Maxxis Desert IT for years.

Took these this morning for ya. :banana:

This one only has 1 ride on it.

m006.jpg

m009.jpg

........ bahhh :lol:

I dont know how big a tire I was using or even if this happened because something is bent, but one of those bigger tires rubbed a hole in my coolant tank. just something to think about.

i run very between a 110 and a 120 depending on the upcoming rides. i can feel a little deference in power when runing the 120 vs. the 110. but i like the 120 better for just about everything