glowing header pipe...xr650r

new to me bike, so I haven't noticed this before.

Yoshimura aftermarket exhaust. Sitting at idle, warming up I noticed the left most header pipe was glowing, right header was not. First guess is overly lean, but I checked the plug and it is nice and tan colored, to me, not indicating lean. Bike does pop a bit after letting off the gas though.

My question, is this normal and what would be a good starting point for correcting.

thanks

Matthew

My first guess would be that the exhaust valve on that side is mis-adjusted allowing some of the power stroke to seep into the exhaust system. Hopefully, it is just mis-adjusted and not burned or bent. I am sure there are other things that might cause this and hopefully someone else will have some ideas.

new to me bike, so I haven't noticed this before.

Yoshimura aftermarket exhaust. Sitting at idle, warming up I noticed the left most header pipe was glowing, right header was not. First guess is overly lean, but I checked the plug and it is nice and tan colored, to me, not indicating lean. Bike does pop a bit after letting off the gas though.

My question, is this normal and what would be a good starting point for correcting.

thanks

Matthew

All 4-stroke headers glow red hot. My '01 YZ426, my '03 WR250, my '05 YZ250 and my BRP. No biggy as long as you've checked your jetting.......as you already have :applause: