HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle450rider

Look what finally showed up today!

14 posts in this topic

As a professional mechanic for over 35 years, I have no use for an electric impact whatsoever. Air tools pack 3 times the power in less than half the space, and at a third of the weight, which makes them much more versatile. I would have gone for the torque wrench, but that's just me.

I love mine.Its great in a little shop were you don't have to here the compressor running all the time.Or if you take it to the track etc.

I have the 9.6v and the 12v. Very reliable.

As a professional mechanic for over 35 years, I have no use for an electric impact whatsoever. Air tools pack 3 times the power in less than half the space, and at a third of the weight, which makes them much more versatile. I would have gone for the torque wrench, but that's just me.

C'Mon Grayracer you mean to tell me you would kick that battery impact out of the garage? I am sure that for Moto Maintance the torque wrench is more important but from one tool junkie to another. Wouldn't you like to have the option of grabbing that impact and a socket for a quick job in the yard like changing a trailer tire or tighten the bolts in the gate without draging the air hose out of the garage. besides I bet you already have at least one small torque wrench. I am sure a shiny new torque wrench that makes noise would be nice too.

Can you have too many tools?:applause::lol: :lol:

Fortunately, I have compressors and plumbing in strategic locations for just such an emergency. Dragging a hose out of the garage is much less painful than dragging money out of my wallet to pay for something I would probably use less than twice a year.

I haven't used an electric impact in several years, so they may well have improved a great deal, but last I looked, they were big, heavy, and weak, and I have no use for them. :applause:

Fortunately, I have compressors and plumbing in strategic locations for just such an emergency. Dragging a hose out of the garage is much less painful than dragging money out of my wallet to pay for something I would probably use less than twice a year.

I haven't used an electric impact in several years, so they may well have improved a great deal, but last I looked, they were big, heavy, and weak, and I have no use for them. :applause:

But someone that does not have all the neccessary support equipment for air tools might find it very useful.

I thought that this one would be heavy too.Its actually very light.Now i wouldnt use it for working on a car or truck but for light jobs like the mower or motorcycle i think it will work great.Besides it was free!Wanna hear something funny?The only thing i got when i bought my honda was the owners manuel.Not even some oil or different jets,nothing nada!

Is that a 12v or 18v or??? This will work great on the scissor jacks on the toy hauler. I've been waiting for mine for 2 months!

Is that a 12v or 18v or??? This will work great on the scissor jacks on the toy hauler. I've been waiting for mine for 2 months!

I purchased my bike in OCT.and i just got mine in the mail last week.I think it's a 12 v,not sure about that.