HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle450rider

Anybody try a thunderalley exhaust on there 06 or07?

12 posts in this topic

I'm finally ready to order my new exhaust. I was really set on a MRD system hearing so many positve things about them on this forum.Thunderalley gets tossed around a lot on the honda forum with great results and i was wondering if anyone with a yamaha has used it.Cost really isnt an issue,there almost the same price.I will say that from a fit and finish perspective the MRD takes it by a mile but its not about looks right.I know i'm purchasing one of these brands but having a hard time making up my mind.

Here is a link to thunderalley.http://www.thunder-alley.net/

I have been using one on my '06 since nearly day one. This is a great pipe. I ride my brother's '06 with stock pipe and a friend's '06 with stock pipe with cut down silencer. We all agree that my bike pulls harder much quicker than the others. Low end is huge.

I have been using one on my '06 since nearly day one. This is a great pipe. I ride my brother's '06 with stock pipe and a friend's '06 with stock pipe with cut down silencer. We all agree that my bike pulls harder much quicker than the others. Low end is huge.

Thanks for the reply Wyatt.Low end is what i'm looking for but i dont want to give anything away on top.I guess i'll just flip a coin.I'm sure there both impressive.If you have time...think you could post a pic of it on your scoot?

I did not lose hardly anything if anything at all on top. This is compared with back to back rides with a stock bike. I can pull 3rd gear starts much easier on my bike than with the stock one.

Could you give an example why the YUCK?

Just my opinion. I won't elaborate because some peopl might get ticked off.

Dave at MRD with make you an exhaust that suits your riding and what you are looking for. His stuff is higher quality than the other brand IMHO and he offers an unbelievable warranty.

Yeah, those are stock graphics with the yellow cut out.

You won't piss me off. my skin is thick and I am happy with my set up. I am sure that other pipes work well too. This one works well for me.

Yeah, those are stock graphics with the yellow cut out.

You won't piss me off. my skin is thick and I am happy with my set up. I am sure that other pipes work well too. This one works well for me.

:applause: