red hot exhaust

Just picked up a 2001 yzf 426, changed the oil, gas and plug, wondering if it was normal for the exhaust to get cherry red after about three minutes of riding? It was only red right where it bolts into the motor and slightly around the bend of the tube. any ideas is it a bad thing and if so what do I do? Thanks

Just picked up a 2001 yzf 426, changed the oil, gas and plug, wondering if it was normal for the exhaust to get cherry red after about three minutes of riding? It was only red right where it bolts into the motor and slightly around the bend of the tube. any ideas is it a bad thing and if so what do I do? Thanks

Yes, it's normal, they all do it. I bought a 07 and the same thing happened to me, I was pissed, but then I read up on it, they all seem to do it.

yeah seemed odd and didnt look right but wasnt sure, this is my first bike so im not up on everything just yet. thanks for the info

Have some fun. Open the search window and type "header pipe red".

BTW, searching on the words "header pipe red" produces 71 threads in this forum, 99 in the WR4** forum, and 129 in the YZ/WR250F forum, in case anyone thought they were alone in this. :applause:

Welcome to the world of titanium headers and high performance four strokes. :applause:

We can't let this slide w/o the old "get the marshmellows and weenies out" it's ThumperParty Time:p

So, what then? Should we show him The Picture?

So, what then? Should we show him The Picture?

Go ahead and bust it out. Its been 3 days since I saw it. :applause:

That long? Well OK.

A glowing hot header does look odd, slacksaw, maybe not this odd, but odd, the first time you see it. You have now been officially hazed into the YZF forums. :applause:

rocket-cart_sm.jpg

That long? Well OK.

A glowing hot header does look odd, slacksaw, maybe not this odd, but odd, the first time you see it. You have now been officially hazed into the YZF forums. :applause:

rocket-cart_sm.jpg

ah yes the old seat warmer.....:applause:

wow thanks for the intro into tt, how long before the hazing stops, lol all in good fun

rocket-cart_sm.jpg

i've seen those jet engines before, they look super wierd and like an invension the Polish invented :applause: jk. i forget what there called though and they get red hot all the time. i'll find a vid hold on...

they are called pulejets

found a good one and you can make them easily for fun/entertainment

surer yellow/white hot

small spark plug pulse jet

...how long before the hazing stops, ..?
As long as you don't ask what oil to use, or what the best pipe is, it should be pretty much over. :applause:
wow thanks for the intro into tt, how long before the hazing stops, lol all in good fun

yeah... stay away from the oil question and you will be ok !!!!!!!! Seriously, everything you need to know about that bike is on this site, and plenty of good advise to help you along

welcome to tt

jay

ps....still love the rocket cart gray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask about the AP mod either.:applause:

Or powerband colors...

what about that thing you sit on, how do you take it off the bike and why cant I find the kickstand and training wheels. and whats the red button near the clutch for is that the horn. (lmao)