HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aokahn

XR650R Water temp

4 posts in this topic

Hello and I welcome myself to ThumperTalk.

I have been lurking for a few months and in January I picked up a CA plated 01 650R with the HRC kit, and a few other goodies. I have been tweaking the bike and am quite pleased with it.

Last weekend I installed a TrailTech Vapor. I was wondering what other people are seeing for their water temp? I have a new 180 degree thermostat and a 1.8 cap. I have been seeing the water temp around 220-240 doing highspeed/moderate-high RPM riding on a 75 degree day. This seemed a bit high to me and I checked the TrailTech sensor (boiling water) and it is dead on. The bike has not boiled over and runs great.

So, what are you guys seeing for water temps?

Thanks,

Aokahn

Hello and I welcome myself to ThumperTalk.

So, what are you guys seeing for water temps?

Thanks,

Aokahn

when riding smooth highway at moderate summer temps, long gearing, 50+mph, about 170-180 degrees, easy offraod at 20-30mph without much stopping or slow stuff maybe 190, stop and go in the city easily 210-220, heavy single trail use even hotter. I have engine ice in there, but stock thermostat.

I did a lot of preventative maintenance on my bike these last two months. I did the oil and water pumps. I noticed on my bike with the Vapor on it would read about 220 when I was in the city traffic. I put the old radiator cap on it and also the Evans Npg coolant. I hope with my fan all the other stuff will allow it to run a long colder. I am in the process of finishing up installing the oil cooler also. If I could only get off of my rear and weld the two nuts on I would be finished. Have fun, Tony