HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wickedsprint

to excel or not to excel?

11 posts in this topic

So still on the fence about fixing the stock front rim back to normal (slightly dented from rock), or paying about 780 for a local wheel shop in denver to superlace some excels on my 650R. Is the upgrade worth it? Would likely keep stock hubs for a bit.

I hope thats not 780.00 for a relace. You can buy front and rear w/ hubs from east Coast Wheel for probably 900??

Thats me handing them my stock wheels, and getting them back with excels, and some heavy duty laces. I think just the spokes and wheels are around 5-600? That sounds like a good deal from east coast, iw ill check them out. I wonder how much shipping would be for two complete wheels...seems that for 900 I get two complete wheels with talon hubs, so basicall ygetting two hubs for 120 bucks when compared to the local shop, so if shipping is less than 100 bucks this might prove to be the ticket, thank you very much for the reference.

So still on the fence about fixing the stock front rim back to normal (slightly dented from rock), or paying about 780 for a local wheel shop in denver to superlace some excels on my 650R. Is the upgrade worth it? Would likely keep stock hubs for a bit.

Someone is trying to screw you! You can find new Excel rims on E-Bay and even mail order for $100 to $130. You can keep your stock spokes and labor should be no more than $45.00 for each wheel. My bad math skills tell me you should be paying no more than $175.00 each wheel or $350.00.

Yes, I am hoping you are capable of taking your own wheels off of the bike and removing the tires yourself.

The Excels are a MUST upgrade since the Pigs rims are made of butter and I highly recommend using a set of stainless spokes when you do this!!! This will add about $95.00 per wheel.

So... if you add the spokes you are now at $540.00

Speaking of Excel 's, what is the proper parts list for a swap? Rims, spokes, rim locks, and hubs? Or, do most folks just use the stock hubs?

Really considering a set but am researching pros/cons as well...:applause:

Speaking of Excel 's, what is the proper parts list for a swap? Rims, spokes, rim locks, and hubs? Or, do most folks just use the stock hubs?

Really considering a set but am researching pros/cons as well...:applause:

The stock XR hubs are more than fine! If you want some bling then you can go aftermarket. You can also polish the stock hubs... this looks pretty cool.

I reckon excels rock!!! Black excels even more. I paid Aussie $300 for each rim, $80 for lacing and I think $150 per wheel for spokes - kept original hubs.

IMG_4067.jpg