HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
radvocaat

XR650L headlight/speedo/wiring removal/replacemnt

6 posts in this topic

'01-XR650L

I searched(briefly I admit) and couldn't find any info. Im thinking of replacing my headlight and speedo etc. since i've got it all torn down right now to change my bearings in the headset. Im thinking of an aftermarket upper triple with a stabilizer (scotts?), then started thinking of a computer instead of the speedo, and a different headlight. Anyone have some ideas, pics of mods done similar to this or links to info.

Peace--R

heres my set up I use the gps for my speedometer,the blue led is for the nuetral

the red is a flashig one for the blinkers, the orange is for the led that lights my plate which I can shut off with the toggle switch.

there is also a 12 volt aux. adapter where the gps plugs into

I forgot these pics don't show the orange led and toggle switch

led lites 002.jpg

led lites 001.jpg

led liceense 010.jpg

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

I switched to a 650R headlight assembly, Acewell Speedo & RSW Racing Upper Triple clamp...

132735324-M.jpg

132735325-M.jpg

132735329-M.jpg

That's the kind of set up im talking about!!! Very nice! Thanks for the idea!

Peace--R