HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otter101

Steering Stabilizer

18 posts in this topic

Do a search....you will find SCOTTS almost 100% :applause: It has low and high speed settings and only dampens away from center :applause:

Do a search....you will find SCOTTS almost 100% :applause: It has low and high speed settings and only dampens away from center :applause:

Ditto....

Thats what I use, Submounted on my stock top clamp w/Barrissers.

GPR V2 Sub Mount its great

PS so far its 50/50!

Do a search for those who have used both and that will change VERY quickly :applause:

Do a search for those who have used both and that will change VERY quickly :applause:

hmm still 50/50 smart guy.... it doesnt matter what one you go with your going to have some that say gpr and others scotts. buy one they do the same thing. you get free services with gpr and you have to pay with scotts.

hmm still 50/50 smart guy.... it doesnt matter what one you go with your going to have some that say gpr and others scotts. buy one they do the same thing. you get free services with gpr and you have to pay with scotts.

Smart Guy? Well thanks for the complement! :applause: I'm not saying gpr is a bad product but scotts is better. It’s more versatile with a broader range of adjustments. Also, it’s the only brand the only dampens away from center which lends to less fatigue on long rides.

So what steering stabilizer is everyone running GPR, or SCOTTS. And which set up regular mount or sub mount?

I think you will find that either will serve you very well, the scotts/ohlins damper is tried and true where as the GPR seems to be a very good modern design. I think the GPR looks a lot better, especially the sub mount kit. :applause:

I have used the Ohlins damper on a previous bike, they work really good. I can't speak for GPR, but I can't imagine they would be too much different at all.

I am running the WER damper, I got it for a carton of beer off a mate that sold his bike, and that's all about they are worth but this one wasn't on your list anyway.....

Scotts BRP sub mount if you like your bars high. Standard mount if you like low bars.

Go for the whole enchilada the BRP triple clamp with the rubber mounted bar clamp and the 1 1/8 pro tapers are worth every penny and then the Damper is like gravy on top. Your hands and forearms will love you.

The Scotts Damper is bullet proof!

Take a look at the poll at the top of the forum.... I rest my case :applause:

Take a look at the poll at the top of the forum.... I rest my case :applause:

I'm all about getting out the definitive info and opinions :applause:...SC

Great responce guys thanks. So which is best at low speed tight trail racing like hare scrambles, enduros.

thanks