Anyone Have Experience With 22mm Clamps

Has anyone tried the 22's....on an 06-07??? I am well beyond sag/tires etc......for me, coming of a CRF, I just cant get it to enter ruts well.....and apex mid corner well. I am hoping 22's are a realistic solution

THANKS

I doubt 22mm clamps will be the answer. The consensus of the pro riders who took part in Applied's blind testing waas that the best offset was 24mm. That may be true, but since 25 is stock, I have to wonder how much difference that made.

I think the bike needs a steeper head angle, which you could arrive at by either decreasing sag, or pulling up the forks. But, you say you've gone there.

I had 22.5's on an '03, and wasn't impressed. I know it's a different bike, but nevertheless, the clamps did make it easier to turn in, but I gave up such a lot of steering stability that I could not run the forks up in the clamps. As a result, it still pushed a lot, even though it was easier to initiate turns at low speed. On rough, high speed sections it was evil.

pro circuit recomends 22.5. I have works suspension and 22.5 works way better.tried applied before going big guns and full works I also asked dave v. last year and he also said 22.5

Has anyone tried the 22's....on an 06-07??? I am well beyond sag/tires etc......for me, coming of a CRF, I just cant get it to enter ruts well.....and apex mid corner well. I am hoping 22's are a realistic solution

THANKS I put the RG3s 22s on my 06yz450. I to was comeing off a honda albeit an 04 model that had a bad push also .so I put RG3s on the honda and it instantly fixed the bike I was realy impressed.you can imagine the dissapiont ment when I got my new yami and i had the same problem. So I spent another 800.00 [ im in Canada ] on the 22s they did help out.But not like they did for the Honda. LIke Grey said it is more of a rake issue [sadly] But they do help out IMO along with moveing the forks up 5mm past the line it sounds high but the bike is still stable as a train.Also Iput Renthal fatbar 971 [Honda bend] bars because comeing of a honda they felt good right away iI have rode Hondas back to back with my Yami on tracks with alot of demanding turns and my bike now feels just as good or better.

Thanks jason....how much past the 5mm mark did you go? I have tried to post a thread on the max mm you can go before the front tire hits, but it does not seem like anyone knows

I ran 22.5's on my 06 but not on the 07 even though the bikes are the same except for a longer shock shaft. Now with my sag @95mm, forks pulled up to 7mm past the top clamp and a Michelin ms3 I think the bike turns just fine. This setup is with stock suspension and stock clickers.

Thanks jason....how much past the 5mm mark did you go? I have tried to post a thread on the max mm you can go before the front tire hits, but it does not seem like anyone knows

From the clamp to the line I put it at 5mm altogether it it about 10mm total I have had no problems with hitting the fender.I don t know why someone does not make a offset bearing kit for these bikes.they will probably fix this in 08 but what does that do for us. Look what chad reed did he pulled it back and steepend it by offset bearings. how much did he steepen it ? It is secret What kind of Bs is this ? We have to buy these expensive pieses of wittled aluminum when someone like P C could get the info and machine two stupid little parts and fix this issue. I am going off here but like I said before I had to pull it back and steepen it to get the feel that I wanted not one or the other.

I just ordered 13mm offset triple clamps for my 07 450. Should be able to corner much better. Oh yea, I'll be running 17" tires, though! :applause:

From the clamp to the line I put it at 5mm altogether it it about 10mm total I have had no problems with hitting the fender.I don t know why someone does not make a offset bearing kit for these bikes.they will probably fix this in 08 but what does that do for us. Look what chad reed did he pulled it back and steepend it by offset bearings. how much did he steepen it ? It is secret What kind of Bs is this ? We have to buy these expensive pieses of wittled aluminum when someone like P C could get the info and machine two stupid little parts and fix this issue. I am going off here but like I said before I had to pull it back and steepen it to get the feel that I wanted not one or the other.

Wow, that is a great idea....offset bearings/shims. I wish someone made them, they would make things ultra tunable.

Check with Storm and see if they have a link for the 06. I had tried everything on my 05, clamps, springs, valving and clickers out the whazoo. The Storm link raised the rear up just the right amount and it is like a different bike. I bet on the 06 it could be remedied with rear sag provided you have the correct spring for your weight. Also try turning in the HS compression adjuster, you will be surprised how much it changes the height of the rear suspension.

on my 06 250f i run my forks up to just a hair below touching my handlebars for indoor tracks, and even coming up short and bottoming out i did not have any telltale black marks on the bottom of my fender.

on my 06 250f i run my forks up to just a hair below touching my handlebars for indoor tracks, and even coming up short and bottoming out i did not have any telltale black marks on the bottom of my fender.

Sweet, thanks. I am going to try 10mm!

If you look @ the factory yamis.....reed & hepler have at least 10mm or more. Are their forks longer....or do they just have them slid way up????????

Anyone