HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moki01

07 WR 450 tank issues

23 posts in this topic

A few weeks back I posted a question about my 07 WR's fuel tank , breather house constantly leaks fuel. I switched the one way valve (several times), switched gas caps(3 different caps) and still have fuel leaking either from the the end of the vent hose or where the hose hooks into the gas cap. It does not matter how much fuel, as soon as the trail gets bumpy out comes the gas. I'm not sure if it's a pressure thing or what.

Any suggestions?

Moki,

Mine too...I even tried switching to one of the aluminum vent units; no joy.

I'll let you know if I find anything....

Lynn

is there a larger capacity tank available yet for the 07 wr ?? Maybe a different tank design would help. I am in the market for this bike some I am trying to figure out what to expect

I have had np problem with mine. Are you sure the in-line vent is going the right direction? It's marked in tiny print on the plastic valve.

I have put several tanks of gas through my bike with no leaks. If the in-line vent is ok, you may have a pin hole or crack in the line itself. I see you changed caps so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Good luck...

is there a larger capacity tank available yet for the 07 wr ?? Maybe a different tank design would help. I am in the market for this bike some I am trying to figure out what to expect

IMS 3.1, but you will need 06/07 YZ shrouds with it. It's what I currently use.

Mine does the same thing. So I stopped filling all the way to the top. About 2 in. down from the rim. Maybe some kind of baffle would do it or that tank foam.

:bonk: Fixed!!

Took cap apart, and installed a small piece of air-filter foam inside the vent cap. I positioned the foam to block the vent hole, preventing a direct injection of fuel-splash, yet it still breathes for proper venting! The foam is trapped inside the vent cap, so it can't fall out.

Lynn

:bonk: Fixed!!

Took cap apart, and installed a small piece of air-filter foam inside the vent cap. I positioned the foam to block the vent hole, preventing a direct injection of fuel-splash, yet it still breathes for proper venting! The foam is trapped inside the vent cap, so it can't fall out.

Lynn

Nice. Any chance of a pic. You know the whole pic paints a thousand words thing.

I have not experienced any fuel leakage at all...yet. I fill the tank up to the bottom of the neck...no leakage.

Hhhmmm...I'll keep an eye on it.

-Jay

Air filter foam is compatible with gasoline, and other solvents...that's why I chose it.

Then why do some people say, "don't wash your filters in fuel"

(I do wash mine in fuel)

Then why do some people say, "don't wash your filters in fuel"

(I do wash mine in fuel)

Because gas will break down the glue that holds it together.

I wash with gas that's why they sell air filters.

Because gas will break down the glue that holds it together.

I wash with gas that's why they sell air filters.

Fair call.

Gasoline is highly flammable (and very dangerous to use as a cleaner!), while some solvents designed for cleaning are not highly flammable.

Don't burn up...it's happened to people I know (garage caught fire).

Use Twin-Air Bio Oil and cleaner (non-flammable), or No-Toil, or similar product.

Lynn