HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holdk2

Drive Chain ?????

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Could N E 1 help I'm about to renew my drive chain and sprockets on my XR650R 2003 I have been thinking of D.I.D make but not sure as they are so many different makes on the market, could N E 1 point me in the direction please. :lol::applause: :applause:

Depends on how much money you want to spend. I'm a cheapskate, so I use Sunstar sprockets and RK O-Ring chain. Whatever brand you buy, if you use a steel rear sprocket the sprockets and chain will last much longer.

Just read a post on the Yahoo 650R group this morning where a guy what does maintenance on a fleet of rental XR400's and XR650R's prefers the DID x-ring units.

Depends on how much money you want to spend. I'm a cheapskate, so I use Sunstar sprockets and RK O-Ring chain. Whatever brand you buy, if you use a steel rear sprocket the sprockets and chain will last much longer.

Amen to that brother

I think I spent $200 on my front/rear sprocket and chain last time out.

You can go with alumminium but it will wear out faster and cost twice as much. But hey, if you got the cash they got the flash. Personally it all looks the same covered in mud.