07 450 question

Before you jump on me here for asking a question please hear me out. I've been all over this and can't find a couple simple answers. First off, on the 07 is it the "grey wire" or the "blue/white, sky" wire for the yz mapping? And that brings me to my nest question (I've looked for this as well), what is the "yz mapping"? I've heard several people say they wouldn't change it back, ever, and others talk about how much more power they have and sometimes even to much power, so what is it doing? Oh, since I got you here, one more question. When you remove the "pea shooter" out of the exhaust are you also removing the spark arrester? I know in the fire business a screen on a window can cut down air flow by as much as 50%, does the arrester do the same? I would think I need to remove it as well, thought I would ask.

Just did the "free" mods, throttle stop, gray wire and the "pea shooter". Once you do these you'll never look back. Too much power, never enough for me. The "pea shooter" is not the spark arrester and you need the arrester to be USFD legal.

Before you jump on me here for asking a question please hear me out. I've been all over this and can't find a couple simple answers. First off, on the 07 is it the "grey wire" or the "blue/white, sky" wire for the yz mapping? And that brings me to my nest question (I've looked for this as well), what is the "yz mapping"? I've heard several people say they wouldn't change it back, ever, and others talk about how much more power they have and sometimes even to much power, so what is it doing? Oh, since I got you here, one more question. When you remove the "pea shooter" out of the exhaust are you also removing the spark arrester? I know in the fire business a screen on a window can cut down air flow by as much as 50%, does the arrester do the same? I would think I need to remove it as well, thought I would ask.

Good questions. You've obviously done your research. A few of the guys here can be real DHs and forget what it was like to have all this stuff be new. Check the sticky on MODS at the top of the forum. There is lots of good info there. The pea shooter is not the spark arrester. You can replace it with a larger diameter unit that allows more exhaust flow but the screen stays in place.

Greg

OMG!!!! I finally talked the wife into letting me buy a new bike and after I got it home I a quick lap around the house, I really wasn't that impressed at the time. Then I removed the "pea shooter", (I left the spark arrester in place) did the grey wire, air intake mod, and also the throttle stop. Yesterday evening I took it for a quick 15 mile test ride, wow! This bike has come alive, give me time and I will take care of the AIS and put an aftermarket exhaust on it. Does anybody have any pics. of taking the bike apart for greasing the linkage, I've heard thats a must as well.