Fuel leaking from overflow of carb.

Last time I turned the fuel on, my bike was fine and started easily. Last weekend I took the float bowl drain bolt off to drain old fuel and put it back on. Seems simple and have done this before. I also noticed I forgot to hook the crankcase breather hose into the airbox, so I did that also. Well I put fuel in the bike today to start it. Can't get it started and its obvious why. When I turn the fuel on it just pours out the overflow tube that comes out of the float bowl. When I turn the fuel off, it stops pouring out obviously. The carb isn't holding fuel and just continues to pour out that hose. I don't know what the problem is. I have the gasket on the float bowl bolt. Is the gasket wore out and I can't get it in tight enough? Also I lost the elastic deal that holds the fuel tank to the subframe. I don't think that has anything to do with it. HELP!!!! The bike was fine, and now fuel just continues to pour out the float bowl hose overflowing fuel. I took the float bowl bolt out and put it back in several times with the same results. What gives?

I think the float was stuck also. I needed to take the carb off and clean it up a bit, so I did. Float was working correctly when I put it back on and not got it all put back together and everything is back to normal. Called a couple of buddies and they said the float was stuck also. Thank you for the help.