HEY RC30 ! Take something off your bike and throw it away

I am missing your thread updates :applause:

Yeah, me too. Is that carbon fiber hard to drill or something? I'm dying to see pics with all that pretty black stuff on it.

not sure if carbon fiber is hard to drill (havent tried it yet) but i think all that pretty black stuff rc30 was showing is now wearing a nice shade of honda red :applause: he had pics posted in the "show your pig" thread, pg 31... real nice looking bike btw :applause:

carbon fiber can tear when you drill it start out with a very small bit,

I think rc30s bike got to light and just floated to honda heaven

I am missing your thread updates :applause:
Yeah, me too.

Hi Garth Knight, hi hypersthenos, I am still here, I have not gone, unfortunately you must have a little patience for the updates because I am still working at the header pipe.........

Yeah, me too. Is that carbon fiber hard to drill or something? I'm dying to see pics with all that pretty black stuff on it.
...........but i think all that pretty black stuff rc30 was showing is now wearing a nice shade of honda red :applause: he had pics posted in the "show your pig" thread, pg 31... real nice looking bike btw :lol:

I am not sure of not painting the carbon fibre because the black does not join well with the red and...............I like the XR strictly in red :cry:

carbon fiber can tear when you drill it start out with a very small bit......

The carbon fiber is easy to drill and it is enough to apply a little adhesive tape to not tear it and during the job I will wear a protective mask and glasses.

I think rc30s bike got to light and just floated to honda heaven

:p.......................:cry:..........................:eek:

If you can, find a dremel grinder (Preferably Silicon Carbide - dark grey stone) bit to drill carbon. Regular drills dull in the first hole. Industrial applications use diamond tooling for carbon drilling and machining.

If you can, find a dremel grinder (Preferably Silicon Carbide - dark grey stone) bit to drill carbon. Regular drills dull in the first hole. Industrial applications use diamond tooling for carbon drilling and machining.

Mmmmmhhh interesting advice, then I will try to do so, thank you Billahjack.

Piero