Aftermarket top clamp for an '03

What brand is / was everybody running on their '03's? I want to get one with rubber mounted oversized mounts

I hear that RG3 kicks ass. The thing is they are expensive. Even for just the top clamp. Are they really worth it or is there another brand out there that's just as good?

I'm finding there isn't a whole lot to choose from for the '03.

The Applied Clamps are not too badly priced.

I'm running just a simple Tag T2 on my '03, but they aren't rubber mounted.

Why not get a scotts or a brp clamp and have the option to mount a stabilizer down the road.. :applause: That way if you decide hmmm steering stabilizer would be nice you dont have to get another clamp or try hunting down hard to find parts.. :applause:

i run a dh1 set up it comes setup for gpr stabilizer and just get the top clamp you dont need the whole triple clamp set up i think swithcing out the top clamp is one of the best mods for a 03-05 yz 450

I bought my RG3's used off TT. They still come up for sale used, but with the '03 haning a smaller diameter that the '04 -> watch what you get.

I'm using the Applied rubber mounted top clamp. I got it at monkeybuttparts.com for $130, I don't know if the Thumpertalk store has this particular clamp or not.

I like the extra give of the rubber mounted clamp for riding the rocks and roots here in Maine.

I use RG3 top and bottom clamps - they have held up nice since 03 :applause:

I'm using the Applied rubber mounted top clamp. I got it at monkeybuttparts.com for $130, I don't know if the Thumpertalk store has this particular clamp or not.

I like the extra give of the rubber mounted clamp for riding the rocks and roots here in Maine.

Nice! I'm there. :applause:

thanks

Applied clamps are great

Hey guys,

Does anybody know if the '03 YZ250 2 stroke and the 450F were the same forks and steering head? I may have found a used RG3 top clamp but it's from a 250.

I bought pro taper top triple clamps today from a local "cycle" store that are adjustable forward and backwards for 165.

RG3's are great, no more twisted bar clamps when you dump it hard.

not to hyjack the thread but what about for an 02 yz250f? I need something that moves the bars forward and the one i was planning on buying, the pro taper, looks like it isn't available anymore

Tag T2. Four bar positions and cheap.

their website says they only make the t2 for 04 and newer