Left Radiator

i put about a 1/4 of a bottle of alumaseals liquid product and it stoped my leaks right away

:applause: I would not want that stuff running around in my engine, but hey each to their own. Too much chance of clogging off some in the engine that should not be clogged imho :applause:

I have talked to many mechanics close around and they all say do not use any kind of stop leak it will cause internal parts to melt and seize. I have looked on ebay and the only RAD i could find they needed at least 240 for. I cant afford that for a radiator right now. I am checking into getting it fixed through the link that gray posted but if i can find one that someone will sell fairly cheap i would rather have one i know will hold up

Go to www.motorcycleradiators.com that is the Mylers that Gray listed. They are amazing with what they can do. My friend waded up his left radiator on his CRF and would not believe they could fix it. He bought a new one for 215.00 but gave me the twisted and bent one. I had Mylers fix it for 54.00 and I swear it looks as good as new. I am going to sell it on ebay. My friend felt pretty dumb when he saw it.

Go to www.motorcycleradiators.com that is the Mylers that Gray listed. They are amazing with what they can do. My friend waded up his left radiator on his CRF and would not believe they could fix it. He bought a new one for 215.00 but gave me the twisted and bent one. I had Mylers fix it for 54.00 and I swear it looks as good as new. I am going to sell it on ebay. My friend felt pretty dumb when he saw it.

Your buddy may feel even worse if he finds out that CRF radiators are only about $115 from Service Honda but you may want to tell him anyway.

alumaseal dose not clog anything you can run it for a couple rides and flush it if it makes you feel better,this stuff works just dont over due it when putting it in , its getting me over till i can get a nice new set of radiators :applause:

How does alumaseal know what to cling to? Not only are your radiators aluminum but so is your entire engine. Any air pocket in the cooling system will allow this stuff to coagulate and if your radiators are leaking there is a very good chance you have some extra air running around in there already. I wouldn't be recommending this stuff unless you yourself have torn down the engine to inspect the deposits. I have seen what similar brands do to car engines and after a just a few uses water jackets will clog completely. Fix it the right way. You will save yourself a lot of money.

alumaseal has been around for a very long time ! there stuff works im not selling this stuff i am speaking from experience and that is it.as long as you are following directions when using things like this and dont pour the whole bottle into your little radiators there will not be a problem ,like i said i only used a 1/4 off the bottle and its getting me over for a few rides till i get new after market radiators, you may actually be saving time and money

Then please tell me what your experience is... So far you have offered zero information the on the repercussions of using it or how the stuff works. If your experience is just opening the bottle and pouring it in and "miraculously your leaks stop," that is not experience at all. Again, have you yourself actually looked inside the engine to see where the deposits lie?

ok what deposits might you be talking about,

have you ever opened up an engine to see what alumaseal does

well i havent but i can tell you that my bike is not leaking anymore

and it stoped right away and i can tell you that from experience because i poured a 1/4 off a tiny bottle of diluted alumaseal into my bike ,i never said i opened the engine up and i dont care because i kno that that little bit of alumaseal could not hurt any engine lets be serious

know if you pour a whole bottle of alumaseal in your engine thats all your stupidity

alumaseal actually lubes your cooling system and it can help a old water pump to a broken radiator

Radiator sealants in general work on the same principal by which hair clogs your bathroom drain. Any hard edged corner or passageway, such as, hopefully, a leaking joint, catches one of the fibrous or rough particles of the sealant, which then catches another, and so on until the leak is plugged. It can, unfortunately, build up on any such edge that may happen to exist within the cooling system, and can also work it's way under the impeller shaft seal and cause that to fail. It will not lube anything in the cooling system, regardless of what it siad on the label. It's a temporary, stopgap repair, that should only be used when "real" repairs are unavailable. It should never be considered a permanent fix, and should be avoided altogether whenever possible.

Send your wadded up one to Mylers. One day turn around, fast shipping, and they can fix darn near anything. My son wadded up the radiator on his WR250...potato chipped, trappezoided, and about 3 leaks (near as we could tell). Mylers fixed it for about 60 bucks (including shipping), sent it second day air on a monday, had it back on Friday morning. Bolted right on, and the new radiator guards fit like a glove.