Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olyrider2

XR650L "shorty" clutch lever?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone found an adjustable shorty lever that fits the XR650OL? I've had no luck. I'll probably cut my, but I would like the adjustable feature if it's out there!

Thanks!

MSR Pro raptor clutch perch w/optional shorty lever. fully adjustable. Check it out. Might have to relocate your choke if yours is co-located with the clutch perch. I bought a separate choke lever that mounts on the bar.

why would you want a shorter clutch lever? just curious - but would think it is harder to pull when the leverage is cut...

The first issue is that the end of the stock lever rubs against the Acerbis barkbusters. The second is that I *never* use the full length of the lever when shifting. I installed a Kehin carb, and I no longer have a choke lever on that side so I can pretty much put on whatever works best. Short and adjustable is definitely the way to go!!

This may sound weird but wouldn't it make more sense to move the clamp further in on the bars for lever to clear your hand guards. This will also give you more leverage on the lever which means less arm pump.

>This may sound weird but wouldn't it make more sense to move the clamp >further in on the bars for lever to clear your hand guards. This will also give >you more leverage on the lever which means less arm pump.

The more I move them in, the less can see out of the mirror. Instead, I cut off about 3/4 inch of the lever last night. That works fine. If I find an adjustable shorty lever, I will switch to that.

i cut the ends off and rounded my stockers for now, seems to work fine. not too worried about missing the ball on the end because the handguards should keep me from encountering the end of the lever in a crash. as far as not having the extra length of a full lever, it hasn't been a problem for me since i usually 2-finger the clutch and brake.

i have the gaurds 2 and have problems ....moving the mirrors not an option though. we need some good shortys that fit the L model