'99 WR400 or '01WR426?

Any known issues or problems with either? Looking primarily for reliability. Both have more power than I'll use. What do you guys think?

Assuming both have low hours and are in good shape, which one would you buy?

The 01. Better resale vale when you do decide to sell.

The '99 has the first gen FCR carb which has known slider cracking issues. If the bike runs ok, then it's not cracked but it can happen without warning. The '01 has the next generation FCR carb which hasn't had the cracking problem as far as I know.

The '01 is an all-around better/improved model. One of the best WR model years in my opinion. The 426 was released with an upgraded lighting coil with more wattage than the '99.

Check for damage under the swingarm chain guard and for cracks in the subframes on both bikes. Both of these items can be fixed but may factor into the selling price.

I bought an 01 426 and love it..geared it down a little for the singletrack..Suits my needs perfectly....When I rebuild it Im going to put stainless valves in it...I check the valves once a year...make a minor adjustment..still runs great..Out at sycamore its 2nd and 3rd up everything..Bike is like a tractor..for a clean 01....2700.00 max..Just remember for a complete rebuild you may have to spend a few hundred bucks...but, you should be good for another 3 hundred hours....depending on how hard you ride it..