HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vancecantdance

Bought new 06 WR450 ** has questions about mods

8 posts in this topic

I just bought an 06 WR450 and I have a question about pulling a grey wire? Also what to do about lengthing my throttle twist? I am approx at sea level and wondering about proper jetting with stock pipe.

I just bought an 06 WR450 and I have a question about pulling a grey wire? Also what to do about lengthing my throttle twist? I am approx at sea level and wondering about proper jetting with stock pipe.

cut the grey wire and forget about it, you can cut or buy a yz throttle stop, and check the jetting data base in the sticky!

by the kit ($40) install everything per the instructions

Your first ride with these mods will blow you away.

Just go get the AIS removal kit from your dealer. It has the shorter throttle stop, the correct jets,and all you need to make the 06' a screamer

I agree except the jets you need depend on a lot of things including which mods you do. Read up on "free mods" and do what you want and when you've made all the changes you want, then work on jetting it properly. If you have questions, let me know as I have an 06 also.

What have you done to yours so far? I haven't touch mine yet, but I want to do a little to the airbox, pull baffle, pull grey wire, and jd jet kit. How does that sound?

Thanks

Vance can't dance.....

What have you done to yours so far? I haven't touch mine yet, but I want to do a little to the airbox, pull baffle, pull grey wire, and jd jet kit. How does that sound?

Thanks

Vance can't dance.....

I'm not sure who your asking but my updated info is listed in the jetting database on page 8 which is the following:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411240&page=8

thanks for steering me in the right direction i,ll get back to you in a couple months its -10 out right now and the bike is working like shit thanks for your help