Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motoscotty

yz exh. cam

3 posts in this topic

Just found the time to put this in my 06 wr 450 and it hits pretty hard in the mid where the wr was kind of soft, but I did lose some very low end but I can live with that I dont really do much trail riding well any way if you are considering doin this I would recomend it I have done all sorts off stuff to this bike all the mods. you hear of on here and some other work tokyo mods did the carb as far as jetting I only turned the fuel screw out less tha half a turn after the cam went in it still starts right up hot or cold with the e start Hit me up if you need help would be glad to ..

I read that you should put in the yz cam and have 12 pins between dots. I think this is wrong because my bike would not start. I put in the yz cam and there is 13 pins between dots and it starts great. So to do the yz cam timing all you have to do is put in the cam, correct? Not put in the can and retart by a tooth. Anyhow I have to ride it and see how it is.....

WR450 2006

Just found the time to put this in my 06 wr 450 and it hits pretty hard in the mid where the wr was kind of soft, but I did lose some very low end but I can live with that I dont really do much trail riding well any way if you are considering doin this I would recomend it I have done all sorts off stuff to this bike all the mods. you hear of on here and some other work tokyo mods did the carb as far as jetting I only turned the fuel screw out less tha half a turn after the cam went in it still starts right up hot or cold with the e start Hit me up if you need help would be glad to ..

Took the bike out for a ride and I have to say I really like the hit in the mid to top end now. Feels more like a yz. The bottom did feel a little softer. When it stalled it was very easy to bump start though.