Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wickedsprint

Florida questions regarding blinkers and such...

11 posts in this topic

Likely moving back to Florida fairly soon, and curious how my 650R will work, I will already have a street title from wyoming so getting a plate should be ok, but does the bike have to have turn signals? If it does I guess I'll bite the bullet and slap a no kidding baja designs or trick kit on it, but trying to avoid that if possible.

Likely moving back to Florida fairly soon, and curious how my 650R will work, I will already have a street title from wyoming so getting a plate should be ok, but does the bike have to have turn signals? If it does I guess I'll bite the bullet and slap a no kidding baja designs or trick kit on it, but trying to avoid that if possible.

Turn signals are not required in Florida, but the XR650R can not be titled in the state, unless you transfer title as you seem to be doing. I know in some parts of the state, if you get pulled over without all the necessary equipment, it could be trouble. FYI

Thanks guys, I actually thought I was in the DS forum, my bust. I'll probably go legit as far as DS kits go instead of raising looks with my minimal wyoming equipment.

There's like a million choppers in Florida and most don't have blinkers. I wouldn't sweat it. I lived in Daytona Beach for 6yrs and the cops there didn't pay much attention to bikes (unless it was bikeweek), they're were super leinent there.

I have 2 f-ing Harleys (FOR SALE:)) no turn signals. Never had a problem with the po-po. FL Law DOES require turn signals. It's either front and no rear, or vise versa. Can't remember. I'll ask today. Again, don't worry about it. Cops don't really care, unless you're acting like a jackass...

I was stopped for no mirror on my old Triumph but they didn't get me for sigs. I have several bikes with no signals. I do use the hand signals though pretty regularly on those bikes.

I dont have them either. Not a problem. Check out dixiedualsport.com . We ride some events just west of deland.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I was actually not sure if I wanted to keep my 650R moving to florida, but it seems like there is a fair amount of riding on that side of the state. I went to school in tampa and we did not have much.

The riding won't be like it is in Wyoming; but IMO the XR650R would be perfect for the "Off-Roading" in Central FL and having a Plate will give you tons of places to ride that regular "Dirt Bikes" can't go.

There's the OCALA National Forest & Tiger Bay WMA right there and between the 2 there's probably hundereds of miles of Dirt Roads, Fire Trails and a couple ATV and DirtBike specific "trails". It's really Sandy and mostly wide trails which is why I say that the XRR is a good bike (Fast and Stable).