well i went to change the oil today and look what i found....

i was going to change the oil and i was going to change the filter too and i drained the oil and it was the first time i changed it. i have only ridden it for about 1-3 hours total. i should of changed the oil right as i picked it up but i haven't owned a big bike in 1 1/2 yrs so i rode it for a little bit first. anyway back on topic. right as i took the filter cover off i saw blue anno. i was like

so i was like sweet, i don't ever have to replace this:p so i cleaned it with carb cleaner and popped it back in. and i cleaned my twin air filter. it looked like it white lithium greece comming out of it after trying to clean it. was that because thats what the twin air oil is? i was using PJ cleaner or sumtin and oil.

the one on the left is a brand new K&N one that i had prepared to put in it.

oilfilter.jpg

Not so sure about your problem but i do have a word of warning about k and n airfilters. One of my buddies who races said that K&N had a bad habit of letting minute dust particles get through and the particles going to the carb and gumming up your carb. But it is just a suggestion and a good alternative would be to buy and airfilter like a UNI.

Not so sure about your problem but i do have a word of warning about k and n airfilters. One of my buddies who races said that K&N had a bad habit of letting minute dust particles get through and the particles going to the carb and gumming up your carb. But it is just a suggestion and a good alternative would be to buy and airfilter like a UNI.

he's talking about a K&N OIL filter. :applause:

lol thanks brumy for the warning about K&N air filters lol. like Hall said, i was talking about the oil filter :applause: but yea i have a Twin Air and im thinking about getting a UNI

Those two filters don't look the same size! What brand is the blue anodized filter?

I get the same smutz when I clean my filters, I believe it's the grease that is put on the face of the air filter seal against the air box, just my 2 cents..