650R: sidepanel airbox holes?

hey so is there anything special you need to do when doing these hole? my bike is jetted pretty well right now, but the previous moron had drilled holes in top the airbox (thus sucking unfiltered air), and i wanted to plug those, but keep the overall flow the same since the jetting was working really well. i figured i could measure the area of those hole, then cover them and open up the same area on the side.

sound good or dumb? anything special you need to add to the side holes? extra filtering or screens?

cheers

droo

previous moron

That is funny as hell.

Your idea sounds great- do it just like that but check your jetting afterwards to make sure. Heck- mebbe you can get more power with more sidepanel hole area.

There's a subframe and airbox going cheap on Ebay now.

Fill the holes with latex silicone.

Check 1x International, Precision Concepts, or XR's Only for the side cover with screened holes already cutout. You can buy a replacement side cover or make your own with heavy duty stainless or alum mesh and rivits.

Works great but requires cleaning more often.

Wish I could upload a photo of mine but I cannot post attachments yet.

I have a complete stock airbox w/backfire screen and filter that I was going to put on ebay shortly. If you want it, let me know and we can talk details....

Cheers

Shawn

I have a fearly new airbox for sale. I also have new number plates with holes/screen available. PM for price and pictures

rudy

I have a fearly new airbox for sale. I also have new number plates with holes/screen available. PM for price and pictures

rudy

Have a buddy that's bought stuff from Baja Rudy, no problems, good parts and fair prices.

thanks for the parts offers, but i'm actually selling the bike and don't want to spend any more than i have to on it. i just thought it was running pretty good with the extra holes he had. maybe i'll just plug them up and see how it runs.