HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ltrosson

new pipe

18 posts in this topic

I have an 06 450, time for a new pipe I have it narrowed down o the Dr. D or White Bro's aluminum pro, just those two. now for the advice , which one and why?

well i just put my header on tonight ( waiting for my carbs from zipty racing, should be here tomrrow or sat) and it fit great, i looks like a great system

Just got my Dr D pipe/ header yesterday, can't wait to try it out. I've heard good things about it, and I only paid 379$ for it.

Just got my Dr D pipe/ header yesterday, can't wait to try it out. I've heard good things about it, and I only paid 379$ for it.

From?

Thanks!

Check the TT store price. Should be close to that.

I wish it was GR. I'd buy it, if so. I won't quote it here.

I've seen more people at the track running the Dr.D pipe. It's too bad you narrowed it down to only those two pipes, because I have a pipe that costs less and is equally as good. For the sake of this thread I won't name names, but you can check my garage if you want to know more.:applause:

The Dr.D is popular for all the right reasons:

It's reasonably priced, is very well made, works very well, and is solidly backed up by its manufacturer. That's a combo that's hard to beat or argue with.

The pipe that Ranger is referring to is by MRD (google it). They sell off-the-shelf pipes, but will custom build for you to an extent, and are also priced attractively. They will actually replace it for you if you crash it, which is certainly beyond the call. If you search the forum, you can find more.

I can't recommend it, but only because I have no experience with it to go by, but others seem to like them.

I just installed my Dr. D and rode it for the first time yesterday on my 06 450. The most noticeable thing for me was the throttle response. Much quicker, the mid range was always great, but felt enhanced as well.

Was a little disapointed that it was loud as it was. Not extreme, but not near as quite as stock.

I do need to jump up a size on my pilot jet as well. Overall, very happy with my choice.

if the Dr.D didn't have such a ugly end cap i would buy it. i hear it is really good but i think i will go with the White Brothers Alluminum Pro for my '07 450

ugly end cap? hardly a reason to not by an exhaust. i run the dr. d on my 07 and really like it. with jetting and a filter it really gave it a nice bottom and really solid midrange all the while staying totally rideable. ive crashed it 4 times hard too and no dents, so its durable to boot.

well i mean it is a really crappy excuse not to buy it lol, but the allum. pro is really hot and i hear it has a crap load of power gain and throttle responce. i'll see when i get the bike. i'll diagnose it and perscribe the exhuast needed :applause:

if the Dr.D didn't have such a ugly end cap i would buy it. i hear it is really good but i think i will go with the White Brothers Alluminum Pro for my '07 450

I have the dr.d on my bike and love it. You are kind of right about the end cap, but i do think they are coming out with a new one.