Has anyone lightened wr450 flywheel?

I'm curious if anyone has lightened thier fly wheel on a 06 wr450 and if they were happy with the change?

Yeah ! It's called a YZ450F....

Good Luck !

STS.

:applause::lol::applause:

Yeah ! It's called a YZ450F....

Good Luck !

STS.

:applause::lol::applause:

Someone beat this boy:smirk:

Actually, it is kind of a good question. You would get the snappy power of the yz with the wide ratio transmission of the wr. That would make a great hill climber and for people who like the snap of the mx bikes on the trail will be happy too.

I actually have thought about getting a heavier flywheel for the WR. Not too much, but maybe a couple ounces, just to keep the tire planted more.

I'm curious if anyone has lightened thier fly wheel on a 06 wr450 and if they were happy with the change?

I'm sorry for being a smart alec .............::applause: :applause: :lol:

STS.

I have a 20% lighter flywheel from TrailTech. The original is 30oz but this one is 24oz and it has better magnets for the stator so the charging system works better.

I did have to get used to rewing the bike a little more and feathering the clutch but now I am used to it.

I like it !

I also picked up a trailtech, but went heavier for trail riding (torquier). Yes, the additional magnetic surface helps charging capcity as well. They stick you for a $20 removal tool though. May be better off asking around for one, better pricing.

Overall, cant complain about the change. I got the torque I wanted.

I also picked up a trailtech, but went heavier for trail riding (torquier). Yes, the additional magnetic surface helps charging capcity as well. They stick you for a $20 removal tool though. May be better off asking around for one, better pricing.

Overall, cant complain about the change. I got the torque I wanted.

What bike do you have and where did you get it from???