HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kholman4dirtbike

Wood Treatment for open trailer?

7 posts in this topic

My flatbed I have, I used Thompsons Water Seal. I have also used linseed oil in the past. If I had to do it over again, I would go with the linseed oil first and then the water seal.

Try the Epoxi-seal paint from Lowes or Home Depot. I used it on the floor of my enclosed trailer with some sand mixed in it for the ramp. It's made for concrete floors so it should be good for the outside. It was about $22 a galllon. I was able to do 2 coats on the floor of my 6x12 and the ramp. When I redo my open trailer I will use this stuff on the floor and side walls.

How do I treat plywood to keep shape against water? How much do you think it would cost?

Thanks

Kevin

Is it treated plywood?

If it is, then you shouldn't have to do anything more than hose it down.

If it isn't treated lumber, then it may have a much shorter lifespan.

I reccommend using http://www.onetimewood.com/ on any wood that is exposed to the elements-I have used this product on the decking of flatbed and stepdeck semi trailers with great results. And those trailers contend with road salt, magnesium chloride, UV rays, and oil and other chemicals all the time. Great product, IMHO.:applause:

I use the linseed oil but i mix it with a little bit of paint thinner to make it a little bit more runny so it will penetrate the wood a little better. I still will put on another coat every year or so to help keep it looking good. works for me.

good luck.

i'm biulding a storage box for the quad. should i use a similiar product on it if i want to wash it after muddy rides? wouldn't paint seal the wood up as well?