Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drav

Quite a bit of oil out of the breather

7 posts in this topic

It's a 02 YZ426F, I know that it drools when ran hard, but this seems to be quite a bit of oil, a couple hours of riding and the left side of the bottom frame by the hose is covered, as is my boot...is THAT much oil normal? It's not overfilled either.

my 07 yz450 has also done the same thing since day one.my local shop says it is normal for the yz450.

It's a 02 YZ426F, I know that it drools when ran hard, but this seems to be quite a bit of oil, a couple hours of riding and the left side of the bottom frame by the hose is covered, as is my boot...is THAT much oil normal? It's not overfilled either.

How much oil do you put in after a oil change? Most importantly when you take out the oil filter? If excess oil is coming out that usually means you put too much oil in but sounds like you already know that. If the oil level is still in good shape after the breather dumping oil then you are fine but that would indicate you had to much oil in it

From previous discussions, it was pointed out to from be running high-rpm's. My question is, if you all notice the oil getting out, what are you using to keep dirt from getting in to the cylinder head?

Same thing with my 400. I started using Rotella 10/40 and it seemed to cut the juicey breather problem in half.

From previous discussions, it was pointed out to from be running high-rpm's. My question is, if you all notice the oil getting out, what are you using to keep dirt from getting in to the cylinder head?

The breather is at the top of the valve cover and is about 20 inches long, would have to put the bike completely upside down and poor dirt into the tube to get even near the cover.

I use 1.5L on an oil change, and my oil levels dont really drop after rides, so Ive evaluated that it's just the normal drooling that the bike will do when ran hard.

Thanks guys.