is this a good deal? wr400 2000

its a wr400 2000 in great shape. he wants 2800 for it...i was thinking 1800-2200 myself but what is a fair price for a bike like this??

In great shape, more in line with what you are thinking and the bottom end of what you are thinking. I'm going to have to part with my 03 cherry YZ450F and probably won't get more than $2750 tops.

I agree. Around $1800, tops, if it's shiny new. $2800 is 03' WR450 territory.

got to consider location, I dropped 2500 on a 2000, its cherry and has a new clutch and top end. Plus all guards. i live on an island to so its more expensive, Id say 2000 max

I would say that is a little steep. I paid 1500 for mine last summer and all I had to do to it was put some new plastics on it to make it cherry.

i found some more info on the bike....it was made into a on/off road bike...so he has a street title....which is awesome since it probably usually cost 500$+ i'm guess to do this....i told him my budget is 2000 and he didnt seem turned off by it and its really clean looking on the pics with some aftermarket stuff mostly small stuff like skid plates and brush gaurds.....i'll let u know how it goes.....another question is what should i look for since its a 2000??...is there any known problems with this year??...if there is any known problem how can it be fixed...how is the suspension compared to the wr models after 2000??

Just wanted to make sure you know there is no e start, its important to some people.

i'm saying right now that its no biggy but this is coming from a guy that always had 2 strokers...but i do have a 81 yamaha xs650 thats kick start and i didnt mind starting that but i'm guess its probably easier to start then the 400 but we'll see.....if its that big of a deal do some people convert the bike to have e start?

i'm saying right now that its no biggy but this is coming from a guy that always had 2 strokers...but i do have a 81 yamaha xs650 thats kick start and i didnt mind starting that but i'm guess its probably easier to start then the 400 but we'll see.....if its that big of a deal do some people convert the bike to have e start?

its not hard to kickstart, my 400 took a little while to learn the process but fires up the first or second kick now.

its not hard to kickstart, my 400 took a little while to learn the process but fires up the first or second kick now.

+1 Mine is the same way, even when cold.