HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJ450WR

Stripped out oil strainer

8 posts in this topic

I need help removing a stripped out oil strainer on a 06 WR 450. I torqued the strainer to specs. but it still spun. It will not back out and after trying to remove the strainer it now has an 1/8" gap between the frame and the strainer bolt head. The washer is shot and the strainer is no good anymore, so i'm just trying to get it out so I can rethread the frame to insert a new strainer. Thanks for any help.

You have to try to lever it downwards while turning it. I would suggest a pair of long nose pliers or even a ground down thin openended spanner that would fit in between the frame and the strainer. Hopefully once it gets started, it will find it's thread again and keep coming. Hope the thread in the frame is reusable.:censored:

If you do need a new frame contact NCMountainman he just put a new 06 yz450 frame on his 04 yz450 and the 04 frame is in prefect shape. He wanted the lower steering head of the new frames.:censored:

If you do need a new frame contact NCMountainman he just put a new 06 yz450 frame on his 04 yz450 and the 04 frame is in prefect shape. He wanted the lower steering head of the new frames.:censored:

Isn't the 06 an aluminium frame?! Did everything bolt up right:eek:

Thanks guys for all the great ideas. I'm going to try and wedge it as I turn it out. It's about half way out now so I'm almost there. I'm sure i'll have to retap the threads. Thanks!!

NCMountainman just put a new 06 yz450 frame on his 04 yz450

you mean he droped the motor, airbox etc on the frame and then installed his current forks and swing arm to make the conversion????

you mean he droped the motor, airbox etc on the frame and then installed his current forks and swing arm to make the conversion????

Mountainman has works forks, applied clamps, edlebrock carb, and a long list of mods in his one off custom race bike.:applause: