WR 2007 Oil Change...

Well what a great design.... i might be missing something...!!!!:ride: but how do you torque the rear drain bolt as it sits between the Frame and Engine...!!!!!!:censored:

Well what a great design.... i might be missing something...!!!!:ride: but how do you torque the rear drain bolt as it sits between the Frame and Engine...!!!!!!:censored:

It's simple...you borrow Scotty's left handed spanner wrench. Oohh...wait...Scotty is a Scot, the bike is of Japanese manufacture...Oh yeah, I remember now...you need a tiny person with a 5-year-old's hands.

Seriously now...is it imperative that the rear drain bolt is used for an oil change?

Can all the oil be drained out using only the bottom drain? If so, then the hassle associated with the rear drain can be avoided.

I have a set of swivel-head ratcheting box wrenches that have come in handy on many occasions.

-Jay

Here is what you have to loosen according to the owners manual. I changed my oil at 500km and it was easy.

2yv5oq9.jpg

Good luck

Muz

:censored::lol::ride:

Hi Guys...

Thanks for the Info... but I know how to do it.. but has anybody actually tried to torque up the No 6 Drain bolt....as there is only 3.5cm's between Bolt and frame !!!!!

you can only get a spanner in there or its grind down a socket time ????

Hi Guys...

Thanks for the Info... but I know how to do it.. but has anybody actually tried to torque up the No 6 Drain bolt....as there is only 3.5cm's between Bolt and frame !!!!!

you can only get a spanner in there or its grind down a socket time ????

I do that one by feel - can't think of any other way, 'cause as you say ,there's no room to get a torque wrench in there.

What about a crowfoot wrench?...SC

:censored::ride::lol: ... and that would be ...... never heard of that before..
What about a crowfoot wrench?...SC

I have a set in my tool box but never thought of using it. Would the torque value change? If so, how do you calculate it?

I have a set in my tool box but never thought of using it. Would the torque value change? If so, how do you calculate it?

here's a blip on-line about torqing with a crows foot.

http://www.finishing.com/118/94.shtml

Put the crowfoot at 90° to the torque wrench and the difference is negligible...SC

Thanks Clark4131... great advice ...:censored: