Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baumann

Pics of your Exhaust!

69 posts in this topic

I've been searching for about 30 minutes on here and google and whatever. I'm stuck between White brothers E2 exhaust and the Dr.D. I can't decide and hoping I can make my decision visually and I figure most top end exhaust are about the same performance gains. I prefer to see the two I listed but open to others, I searched and can't find a thread dedicated to photos of pipes on a 2006 YZ450F or whatever so I figured we could start one? :censored:

Supertrapp is building a new exhaust designed by legendary flattrack tuner Bill Werner for the 06/07 YZ 450's. I'll have the prototype system to dyno with next week. All I have to compare it to is the stock 07 pipe. But by next week i'll have dyno sheets of an 07 450 with Hot Cams and this pipe. I'll dyno with anything else for comparison if you want to ship me the pipe.

supertrapp1.jpg

supertrapp2.jpg

It's actually been designed for the sound rules that haven't yet been implemented for dirttrack and are coming, most likely in 2008. I don't have a db reading, but i've been told that it's pretty quiet.

Another one not on your list is the FMF factory 4.1.I have the full system with the megabomb but I like the stock header for indoors better.This is the carbon muffler.

DSCN0882.jpg

DSCN0881.jpg

Yes I know their not the best pics but you can get an idea.

But by next week i'll have dyno sheets of an 07 450 with Hot Cams and this pipe.

It would be much more informative to see a direct comparison of a stock bike and a stock engine with the ST Pipe added. The pipe may well be optimized for use with a different set of cams, but showing the results of changing two things at once doesn't highlight the individual benefits of either.

Not only is my pick trick looking, it's an awesome piece of metal too. It's quiet but throaty like a 450, and really woke up the power.

bitchin pictures. I think I will go with the White bros E2 slip-on spark arrestor, considering everyone seems to like the flow of the stock header the way it is