HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wyoairmech

Exhaust pipe glowing!

5 posts in this topic

I just finished up a oil change on the 450 and I noticed the exhaust pipe glowing a dull orange as the bike was at idle after a minute. Not to sure if this is normal or not. I have not riden the bike much at night so I dont know if this has happened before. I just moved from Wyoming at 5000ft. to Washington 1800ft. so I could be just running lean. I am new to this site and thanks for any help.

It's normal. Had the same scare on my wr250 a few years ago. Called a couple mechanics who told me I needed to rush it in right away but luckily I checked with the TT guys and they set me straight.

the glow is normal, but it is redder when you are leaner.

you'll need to rejet, and it will not get as hot. i got a JD kit and went by INDY's jetting guide in the performance index. now it doesn't glow like it used to.

I have a bone stock '07 WR 450 F and just noticed the "glowing pipe syndrome".

How normal is this!? Didn't notice this until tonight and it started "glowing" just a couple of minutes after it was started.

How much effect does clipping the gray have on the "glow" or any of the other "free mods"?

I have a bone stock '07 WR 450 F and just noticed the "glowing pipe syndrome".

How normal is this!? Didn't notice this until tonight and it started "glowing" just a couple of minutes after it was started.

How much effect does clipping the gray have on the "glow" or any of the other "free mods"?

Stickies baby, stickies...SC