Ride ropert MRD exhaust

I have an 06 YZF450, bike is all stock. Jetting is NFLR needle 4th clip, 45 pilot 170 main. I just received my low/mid full system exhaust from MRD. First impression is man this looks great on my bike, it's alot shorter than stock thanks to Baron Von Beard (TT) and dave @MRD working together on the new design. Fired it up and it sounds great, it's a little loud, which Dave told me, but I ride mostly track, plus you can pick up a quite core if you want. Took it riding this Sunday and it really livened up the bike. I know everybody says that the stock exaust is high flow, but this exaust made a huge difference. There is alot more low end power and it just doesn't stop pulling. I never really notice a flot spot anywear in the power, and I think that's because of the overall power increase the bike got from the pipe. MRD head pipes are made from SS and they felt a little heavier than the stock header, but the scilencer is lighter, so if weight is a concern they are probably close to being the same. (Also I like the SS header because I've destroyed a honda header before, which killed my riding trip, and made it hard to find another for cheap) I am very happy with my purchase, and would recomend this pipe to anybody who is in the market, plus MRD has great customer service, I spoke with dave told him how I ride and what I think I wanted, he told me that I chose the correct system, and he told me when to expect my pipe. I received my pipe just when he said I would. Plus payment was easy because he takes paypal.:censored::ride:

Yes I know I how to spell report, and I tried to change it in the title, but it didn't take:bonk:

imag0008.jpg

imag0010.jpg

Sounds great - thanks for the report....I found the 06 stock pipe to be pretty flat as to where the power was transitioned..the WB Alum Pro really opened this up and it sounds like the MRD does this similarly

It is shorter because the header is so much longer and angled up

Sounds like great customer service:thumbsup:

I have an 06 YZF450, bike is all stock. Jetting is NFLR needle 4th clip, 45 pilot 170 main. I just received my low/mid full system exhaust from MRD. First impression is man this looks great on my bike, it's alot shorter than stock thanks to Baron Von Beard (TT) and dave @MRD working together on the new design. Fired it up and it sounds great, it's a little loud, which Dave told me, but I ride mostly track, plus you can pick up a quite core if you want. Took it riding this Sunday and it really livened up the bike. I know everybody says that the stock exaust is high flow, but this exaust made a huge difference. There is alot more low end power and it just doesn't stop pulling. I never really notice a flot spot anywear in the power, and I think that's because of the overall power increase the bike got from the pipe. MRD head pipes are made from SS and they felt a little heavier than the stock header, but the scilencer is lighter, so if weight is a concern they are probably close to being the same. (Also I like the SS header because I've destroyed a honda header before, which killed my riding trip, and made it hard to find another for cheap) I am very happy with my purchase, and would recomend this pipe to anybody who is in the market, plus MRD has great customer service, I spoke with dave told him how I ride and what I think I wanted, he told me that I chose the correct system, and he told me when to expect my pipe. I received my pipe just when he said I would. Plus payment was easy because he takes paypal.:censored::ride:

Yes I know I how to spell report, and I tried to change it in the title, but it didn't take:bonk:

imag0008.jpg

imag0010.jpg

thanks for trying my stuff,and the report , thats a good looking machine

Looks awesome.

Oh, GA426, no it's not shorter because of the headpipe. I am running just a slip-on and it's still that short. Dave managed to shorten it up and still use the same length muffler because of a redesigned mid ipe. I think his new mid pipe is 7 different pieces and welded together beautifully to get it sucked in tighter.

Looks nice. How long was the turnaround? Where is MRD located and what was the cost? How long do you think the packing would last?

Thanks.

Dave normally will have them to you in 3-4 days max, he's in the LA area, his prices are around $400 for a full system and the time between repacking is approx. 20 hours.

www.mrd-racing.com

Looks nice. How long was the turnaround? Where is MRD located and what was the cost? How long do you think the packing would last?

Thanks.

I called dave on a thursday, and he said that he was busy with some other pipes, but that he would start it the begining of the next week and send it out. I told him to take his time, that I was in no big hurry. Exactly 7 days later the pipe was on my door step.(the 7 days includes weekends)

MRD is in riverside I think, which is about an hour from Los Angeles.

Sweet! My MRD low-mid full system will be here on Saturday when a buddy flys down to Mazatlan to visit. I went with the blue anodized end cap though which I think will look nice as well. I'm loving the idea of full stainless because things rust down here livin on the beach. I also got a sparky and quiet core which I won't use except when I'm back in the States. All of that was under $400 so you can't beat the price or service that Dave provides. I can't speak on the performance yet since I haven't tried it but I've heard nothing but rave reviews on MRD exhausts. Plus you can't beat the value! I'm glad to start seeing some of these on Yamahas as the Honda guys are crazy about these pipes over in that forum.

Pipe looks great. How much louder is the MRD than the stock 07?

My bike is an 06 and I know the 07's are a little quiter, but I'm not sure if it's because of valve size or the exhaust alone. If the only difference is the exhaust then it's probably about 4-5 Dbs louder :ride: (Thats with out the quite core)

Is it too loud, No

Is it louder then 100, Yes

It's great for the track

Dave @ MRD seems to think that it might be the extra exhasut valve on the yamaha that contibuted to the extra noice on his yamaha exhaust over his honda exhaust. Which would meen that no matter what exhaust you get, it will be louder on a yamaha then any other bike, and the more I pay attention to other bikes at the track, I think that rings true.

:censored:

Dave @ MRD seems to think that it might be the extra exhasut valve on the yamaha that contibuted to the extra noice on his yamaha exhaust over his honda exhaust. Which would meen that no matter what exhaust you get, it will be louder on a yamaha then any other bike, and the more I pay attention to other bikes at the track, I think that rings true.

There is no extra exhaust valve in any Yamaha. A YZF has three intakes and two exhausts.. Everyone else has 2 and 2.

There is no extra exhaust valve in any Yamaha. A YZF has three intakes and two exhausts.. Everyone else has 2 and 2.

correct , when I talked to him about why the Yamaha seems louder , at least compared to the Honda with my stuff , I mentioned the 5 valve head or cam timing having something to do with it , it must have made him think they had 3 exhaust valves , he probably has not had the head off :censored:

My bike is an 06 and I know the 07's are a little quiter, but I'm not sure if it's because of valve size or the exhaust alone. If the only difference is the exhaust then it's probably about 4-5 Dbs louder :ride: (Thats with out the quite core)

Is it too loud, No

Is it louder then 100, Yes

It's great for the track

sorry if I was not clear when we talked about the Yamaha 5 valve?

I have an 06 YZF450, bike is all stock. Jetting is NFLR needle 4th clip, 45 pilot 170 main. I just received my low/mid full system exhaust from MRD. First impression is man this looks great on my bike, it's alot shorter than stock thanks to Baron Von Beard (TT) and dave @MRD working together on the new design. Fired it up and it sounds great, it's a little loud, which Dave told me, but I ride mostly track, plus you can pick up a quite core if you want. Took it riding this Sunday and it really livened up the bike. I know everybody says that the stock exaust is high flow, but this exaust made a huge difference. There is alot more low end power and it just doesn't stop pulling. I never really notice a flot spot anywear in the power, and I think that's because of the overall power increase the bike got from the pipe. MRD head pipes are made from SS and they felt a little heavier than the stock header, but the scilencer is lighter, so if weight is a concern they are probably close to being the same. (Also I like the SS header because I've destroyed a honda header before, which killed my riding trip, and made it hard to find another for cheap) I am very happy with my purchase, and would recomend this pipe to anybody who is in the market, plus MRD has great customer service, I spoke with dave told him how I ride and what I think I wanted, he told me that I chose the correct system, and he told me when to expect my pipe. I received my pipe just when he said I would. Plus payment was easy because he takes paypal.:applause: :applause:

Ranger and Dave, I just mounted up my MRD exhaust and it fit like a glove and sounds mean as hell (much throatier then stock)! Couple questions....did you have to rejet at all? I'm running 48 pj and 170 main at sea level and I fired it up but didn't take it for a spin as it's getting dark. I'll be going to the track in the morning and was just curious if it effected your jetting at all. I assume there was no need to use the clamp that connects the header to the silencer since one wasn't included correct? Pushing it around the thing is rock solid so I assume it's not needed.

On a side note Ranger, is that some sort of clear grip tape that I see on your frame by the pegs? Is it for grip or just to keep it from scuffing? Where'd you get it?

Thanks Dave! I can't wait to ride this thing tomorrow and it might be just what I need to get over this triple that's been giving me troubles right out of a turn.?

Ranger and Dave, I just mounted up my MRD exhaust and it fit like a glove and sounds mean as hell (much throatier then stock)! Couple questions....did you have to rejet at all? I'm running 48 pj and 170 main at sea level and I fired it up but didn't take it for a spin as it's getting dark. I'll be going to the track in the morning and was just curious if it effected your jetting at all. I assume there was no need to use the clamp that connects the header to the silencer since one wasn't included correct? Pushing it around the thing is rock solid so I assume it's not needed.

On a side note Ranger, is that some sort of clear grip tape that I see on your frame by the pegs? Is it for grip or just to keep it from scuffing? Where'd you get it?

Thanks Dave! I can't wait to ride this thing tomorrow and it might be just what I need to get over this triple that's been giving me troubles right out of a turn.:applause:

cool, you got it :applause: , those are the correct jets , and no clamp is used? , triple out of a turn ? those take nuzz

Thanks Dave! I can't wait to ride this thing tomorrow and it might be just what I need to get over this triple that's been giving me troubles right out of a turn.:applause:

Just like dave said, your jetting is good, I actually run a 45 pilot, but ride up at 2000ft. I actually knoticed even better throttle responce with the pipe. The clear crap you see on my frame is stomp grip. Its some type of rubber with little knobbies on it that help you grip the bike, rather then using grip tape, which destroys boots, and pants. Unfortanitly I did not have good luck with it sticking to the aluminum, it only lasted a couple of trips. However it does stick well to plastics, and I like it better up were my knees are anyways. (not in picure) I ordered it from www.motosport.com

And just to clear things up, about the whole 5 valve head, vs. 3 exhaust valve thing. Dave did say he thought it could be the 5 valve head, not 3 exhaust valves. For some reason or another I was thinking 3 exaust valves, even though I know better. so let this be a lesson to all, don't smoke crack J/K:naughty: and think before you type:bonk:

Swwweeeeeetttttttt! I just got back from riding and was very impressed with the performance of this pipe. Way more responsive and quicker in the low end and it feels like it added power throughout even though I went with the low-mid header. The main thing I noticed is how much more confidence it gives me to get on the throttle later if need be because I can lay down the power so much faster now. If I do get out of shape in a rythmn section or out of a corner I can back it off, straighten it out and know that I can still make the gap even if I'm late getting on the gas. MRD is definitely one of the best values in MX!:applause: