HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trilogyjam

06 YZ450 Jetting Change (Easy)

4 posts in this topic

It took me about ten minutes to change the pilot jet. I just loosened up the carb and twisted it. I laid the bike down on the right side and from the left you could see everything fine.

CIMG3180.jpg

CIMG3176.jpg

CIMG3178.jpg

I know the bike is dirty, but I had to get this done before it got dark. :ride:

Here is a shot looking up into the carb.

CIMG3182.jpg

You can see everything.:censored:

You do have to customize on tool. This customized screwdriver was shortened with a grinder on the handle. You have to have a stubby to fit between the carb and the frame.

CIMG3183.jpg

I am selling these for $19.95 plus shipping and handling.:lol:

P.S. Take off the chain guard and it gives you a little more room.

I can change my main and pilot just fine. Show me how to change the needle clip in 10 minutes and I'll shoot you a Milky Way.

BTW - Clean your bike, it's dirty.

I can change my main and pilot just fine. Show me how to change the needle clip in 10 minutes and I'll shoot you a Milky Way.

I have gotton this down to about 6.5min.....just remove those 2 engine supports (in pic 2) and remove the top of the carb and walla....:censored:

I have gotton this down to about 6.5min.....just remove those 2 engine supports (in pic 2) and remove the top of the carb and walla....:censored:

Well I can do that! Pulling motor mounts should not be necessary to adjust jetting but I suppose it's a small price to pay for having the best scooter around. :ride: