Re: 95 XR600 Fork Spring Question (Part 2)

Bork,

Thanks for the info. I have one more question, what is the oil level on the forks when servicing? Is it around 5 inches down from the top of the fork like most of the other models?

thanks,

Dano

Oopss I already replied in your other question. I'l try & go back & copy/paste here. I'll be right back.

Re: 95 XR600 Fork Spring Question

I cant remember, there is a range listed in the manual. I beleive I put my level on the high side cause of my figure.Hehe Do you have a service manual? I'll dig it out if you dont have one. Or maybe someone knows off the top of their head.

The oil level is measured with the springs out and the forks collapsed. Standard Honda service manual oil level is 110mm (4.3") from the top of the fork tube, minimum level is 130mm (5.1") and maximum is 100mm (3.9"). High oil level = firm damping, low level = soft damping.

Excellent! Thanks again for helping out guys. No, I don't have a manual for this bikes, so I really appreciate the info.

best regards,

Dano

Excellent! Thanks again for helping out guys. No, I don't have a manual for this bikes, so I really appreciate the info.

best regards,

Dano

I would be lost without my service manuals.....if I can just remember where they are.