HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ericyzf4

06 YZ450F Zip Ty mod

4 posts in this topic

Does any one have experience or suggestions on which way to go? James Dean jet kit or Zip Ty racing mod. I want to clean up the stumble down low and give my 06 YZ450F more snap. I have used Jet Kits before and are pleased with them but I am leaning toward the Zip Ty mod. I have read nothing but positive about both. Motor wise, my bike will more than likely stay stock, other than the carb mod and maybe a filter cage.

I am just a little in decisive about which way to go. I in central Misery at about 700 - 900 ft above sea level.

Thanks for any suggestions

E---

Does any one have experience or suggestions on which way to go? James Dean jet kit or Zip Ty racing mod. I want to clean up the stumble down low and give my 06 YZ450F more snap. I have used Jet Kits before and are pleased with them but I am leaning toward the Zip Ty mod. I have read nothing but positive about both. Motor wise, my bike will more than likely stay stock, other than the carb mod and maybe a filter cage.

I am just a little in decisive about which way to go. I in central Misery at about 700 - 900 ft above sea level.

Thanks for any suggestions

E---

I have done the boysen quik shot and the jd kit. Boysen, could not really tell a differnce. Jd kit, is the real deal. You get a 48 pilot and a 170main(i think) I had already done that but the biggee is you get a new needle. I really couldnt tell you why, different taper or whatever but alltogether it really works. Don't know about the zip ty but two thumbs up to the jd kit.

You got a new pilot with your JD kit???

My kit came with two needles (blue and red) and several main jets (I think 170, 168,165, and 160), but no pilot jet. Thats the first I heard they include a pilot jet.