HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stoy66

Getting air boot back on carb (07 WR450)

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I know this one sounds easy.....but everything seems to be hard for me. Is there a trick to getting the air boot back over the carb. I know it should slip over the end. One side does and the other side gets caught on the lip and there is NO room to get fingers up in there to help it out. I know it can be done. Any tips/trick would help immensely. :censored:

Ok, I know this one sounds easy.....but everything seems to hard for me. Is there a trick to getting the air boot back over the carb. I know it should slip over the end. One side does and the other side gets caught on the lip and there is NO room to get fingers up in there to help it out. I know it can be done. Any tips/trick would help immensley :censored:

Although I just got my '07 WR450 a few weeks ago, I've torn into it several times now.

I've found it easiest to loosely bolt the top of the subframe back in place so that it rotates down. It seems easier for me to line up the boot and slide it over the carb with the top held in place and I can still wiggle it around to coax it on.

I've done it enough times now that it's not an aggravation anymore.

-Jay

Lube up the inside the boot lip with windex of something like that helps also. Don't go crazy with the stuff just gets it wet. I went from a CRF to the 07 WR so I have some experience with the pain in the butt boot around the frame.

Anybody know where I can buy some of that new stuff called PATIENCE? Thanks for the info fellas.:censored:

Lube up the inside the boot lip with windex of something like that helps also. Don't go crazy with the stuff just gets it wet. I went from a CRF to the 07 WR so I have some experience with the pain in the butt boot around the frame.

Agreed!

I forgot to mention in my last post :censored: ...I used a little Pam spray from the wifey's kitchen on the lip of the airbox boot collar.

-Jay