HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

Which One is Better?

23 posts in this topic

Gyt-r for 350 with sparky

gyt-5ta93-01-al-ou-500.jpg

or

Dr. D for 350 with quite core and sparky

_tcan_large_mod.jpg

i have it narrowed down to these two. i plan to do slip on only as i have read that our headers work just fine. im looking more for low to mid range. what pipe would you guys go with if you were buying. thanks

Aaron

They're both great pipes, though I am partial to FMF , but since you're in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, make sure you get a truly "quiet" pipe. If not, you'll be faced with nothing but headaches...SC

They're both great pipes, though I am partial to FMF , but since you're in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, make sure you get a truly "quiet" pipe. If not, you'll be faced with nothing but headaches...SC

i ride in the so cal dez so noise isnt a issue and when we do go some where that it is i will be running the stocker!

Pro Circuit T-4 anybody??? :ride::censored:

Between the two the Dr.D would be the best bet. Not only does it look cleaner, but it has an effective quiet core too.

hmm good point on the pro circuit i hadnt though about it. they make a solid pipe. how does it rate to the dr. d

any one

Thanks. I just went ahead and ordered the Dr.D. I've been running an FMF Ti Powercore for a while, and I love the power. However, it's not a very durable pipe. The titanium is beer can thin and a fairly gentle tip over deformed the can when the side panel creased it. Also, it appears that I'm getting some blow by past the end cap. Lastly, I noticed that my tire is hitting it when the suspension compresses. I've heard nothing but rave reviews for the Dr.D, with the only issue being the header removal required for oil filter access. I'm going to be keeping my Power Bomb and just getting the slip-on, so this shouldn't be a problem. I'll report back when I get the exhaust in a week or so...SC

I am dying to hear your report with your new exhaust! ! I would also like to hear what your thoughts are on the FMF Q2as well. I would also go with the power bomb too if that direction. As for the Dr. D - I liked what I heard and they (the company) seemed to be very customer service oriented - unlike FMF or Big Gun. I do live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia though and I need to keep my politicians very happy!! Thanks, Jason

I wasn't too impressed with the Q2. With my seat-of-the-pants dyno, it had very little improvement over stock, if at all. The Powercore over the Q2 was dramatic. I'm hoping the Dr.D will not disappoint or I'll be selling it the same day I test it out...SC

I wasn't too impressed with the Q2. With my seat-of-the-pants dyno, it had very little improvement over stock, if at all. The Powercore over the Q2 was dramatic. I'm hoping the Dr.D will not disappoint or I'll be selling it the same day I test it out...SC

did you buy it from quality smart? did you get the sparky and all that? get some good pics once its on! thanks

Aaron

I have the Dr. D full system on my '07, and they have fixed the interference issues. Everything is accessible under the header pipe. Excellent craftsmanship.

Quiet core installed!

Lynn

Bigcoopdawg and SC,

I have never ordered anything from Quality Smart. When you give an update on the Dr. D pipe let us know how they did as a company. I sometimes get nervous ordering things on line without having a referral. Thanks.

Bigcoopdawg and SC,

I have never ordered anything from Quality Smart. When you give an update on the Dr. D pipe let us know how they did as a company. I sometimes get nervous ordering things on line without having a referral. Thanks.

I've ordered from them a bunch of times. They're top notch. I got the Dr.D pipe in two days!...SC

OK, now for the meat and potatoes. How does the pipe work? Is it what you wanted? Should I go work an extra job so I can pay for it? Jason