best why to clean spokes?

i have a wheel set that have been sitting for quite some time. they have 1 ride on them, but have been sitting for 5 years so the spokes are crap. what can i use to help them out.

thanks

A thin strip of cloth (think shoelace) and rubbing compound. wrap the rag around the spoke and pull each end back and forth across the length of the spoke.

Takes time but looks nice in the end. good winter project. Living room and beer + rim = shinny

Simple Green :censored:

Its a tedious process. I forget the name of it offhand but its a metal polish that comes in a can. Inside the can is cotton ball type stuff. As you apply it to the metal, the "polish" seems to melt out of the cotton and onto the metal. If you dont know what im talking about and are interested in finding out the name, let me know...il go and check. But right now its 9 degrees out and i dont feel like making the journey to the garage. and like said before, you gotta do one spoke at a time. Luckily, its one of those things that dont require much concentration so you can do it while watchin tv.

I forget the name of it offhand but its a metal polish that comes in a can. Inside the can is cotton ball type stuff.
"Never-Dull"
"Never-Dull"

Yeah. Its made by Eagle One.

yeah i have that, but i think i gotta try and do some naval jelly first, its basically like rust/corrosion. any other ideas? something stronger than naval jelly?

Get one of those green scotchbright pads if it's really nasty. Use it with something like comet or soft scrub...

Then from there you can try to buff them out but if they're already dull chances are you've lost that chrome like shine forever.

Mike

It is a bummer but i would just buy a set of stainless spokes and change em.

"Barkeepers/Bartenders Friend" for pots and pans works really good. Should be able to get it at any grocery store.

Just use it with a damp cloth.

grab a box of S.O.S. pads from Walmart and wet them makes old wheels new again.