HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyKid

just curious

10 posts in this topic

on my 07 yz450 the rear axle blocks have 9 adjustment lines on the left side and 11 lines on the right... it is confusing to me when aligning the rear wheel. . is there a trick to easier rear alignment?...sorry this is my first yamaha after 5 straight hondas...

I knoticed this on my 06' I think all I did was measure from the rear of the block rather than the front, or vise versa. Basically look at which is equal, the front of the block or the rear. Either that or order some aftermarket blocks:confused:

I hope this made some sence.

In reality those lines are not the most accurate to take your measurements from regardless. You should measure from the swingarm back to be sure it is dead on although I have such a hard time with this. I think Motion Pro makes a tool for like $30.00 that will make it much easier. I have not gotten around to getting it yet but it sure would be nice.

Read the marks from back to front. The flange on the front of the left side block displaces a couple of marks on that one.

Do not dismiss the point about verifying true alignment, either. Getting it wrong will cause the chain to hit the inside of your frame. You can use the Motion Pro tool, a straight edge on the sprocket, or measure from the swing arm pivot to the axle.

I had a 03 YZ450F. Great bike but I thought that was the dumbest thing I had ever seen on a bike. It made no sense.

In reality those lines are not the most accurate to take your measurements from regardless. You should measure from the swingarm back to be sure it is dead on although I have such a hard time with this. I think Motion Pro makes a tool for like $30.00 that will make it much easier. I have not gotten around to getting it yet but it sure would be nice.

the motion pro tool he mentions definitely makes it easier - best free tool I ever got (friend gave it to me) :censored:

I had a 03 YZ450F. Great bike but I thought that was the dumbest thing I had ever seen on a bike. It made no sense.
An interesting statement, I must say.

An interesting statement, I must say.

OK you got me. It is not the "dumbest" thing I have EVER seen. But pretty close.

You have a kind of a limited tolerance for things that are different than you expect them to be, don't you? :censored: