HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveWR450F

Valves in Spec

2 posts in this topic

Just another affirmation that we all purchased the best modern 4 stroke motor out there.

I have an 04 WR. Valves were adjusted one after about 10 hour of breakin riding. Valves have been checked 3 times since. Bike has now close to 1500 miles on it and the valves have not moved at all since the inital adjustment.

Gives me some peace of mind . . . FYI. I change oil after every 2 - 3 rides. Rotella.

Good job Yamaha. If I dont switch eventually over to a KTM 2 smoke in a few years, Yamaha will be the only 4 stroke I ride.

Steve

This is the best four stroke off road motor on the planet!

It is so reliable and durable compared to the rest. I adjust my valves around the 3000 mile mark and replace them at 12,000 miles.

I am waiting to buy the WR450 fuel injected version and retire my 03 to pasture.

Maybe in 2008 they will finally get EFI?:censored:

I know I am not splitting the bike in half to rejet with the new no access aluminum frame!:ride: