New to ThumperTalk

Hi Chas2427,

Newbie here too (07 WR450 as well). I have found this forum to be very useful so far.

I still working my way through all the stickies...they are always a great place to start.

Welcome!

-Jay

Welcome Guys,

Yes, definitely start with the Sticky's. There is a wealth of information in those threads alone.

I would also suggest you become intimate with the "Search this forum" button.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcomes. :censored: I am 6'2" so my first mod will be to move my bar forward and up. Then next mod will be a AIS kit . (Done @ the same time). Then adjust the suspension for my weight 220lbs with gear.

I will tell you I had a hard time picking between the Honda, KTM,Yamaha.

KTM 450xc-w: looks nice, fit me good. The only problem I seen was getting parts (one local store). Not very accessible like honda and yamaha. Price of the bike is a little high.

*Will have to change the suspension for my weight.

Honda CR450X: Nice, Liked the way it handled. Nice Power.

*Adjust the bars & change out the suspension.

Yamaha WR450F: In my opinion this bike was fun to ride. Power was not bad, good suspension and the price was good.

* Adjust the bars & and change out the suspension.

Took me 4 weeks to decide to go with Yamaha. Big deciding factor was the reliability of the motor, & most of my family & friends ride blue.

Welcome welcome!

I've had my '07 450 for two weeks, and haven't even started it yet. It has been either really cold, or I've been playing single parent recently.

The day I bought my bike it was beautiful, but I ran out of daylight. That night it snowed, and temps went to single digits for about a week. Then it warmed up, but my wife lost her sister-in-law to liver disease :censored: and she took my oldest daughter out to Baltimore for the funeral. I've been wrestling with my 6 and 3 yr. old boys for a few days. My wife and daughter got back last night around midnight, so hopefully things will get back to status quo.

Here's hoping I get to ride the sucka real soon! Having that beautiful bike all mashed up between the garage wall and the cars is really driving me nutz!

I think the suspension upgrade alone (from my XR400) will be worth the money, but the extra power will be nice too! :ride: