07 yz 450

I just purchased a 07 yz450 and im looking for a good pipe. I've seen some comments on the DRD and PC. like to know if anyone has info on other pipes YOSH, FMF, WHITE, and so on. I had an 02 426 with a YOSH and the bike was a monster looking for same results.

If you do a search you will see that there are people running every pipe that you mentioned and everybody is pleased with it. The biggest problem with asking a pipe question is that not one person has had a chance to ride their bike with each pipe on it, and be able to give you a "which is better" answer.

From what I've seen on this forum and on the track, there are a lot of people running a Dr. D on their 06-07 yzf450. There are a few other people on TT who have gone a route that you didn't mention and thats MRD. I just ordered a pipe from him and will be able to give you a ride report after this weekend. There are also alot of other companies like MRD that you may not have heard of, and may be as good if not better than FMF or WB; just because they have a big name doens't make them better.

So my advise to you is spend some time doing searches on TT, then spend some time at a track and see what other people are using and ask them the pros and cons of that pipe.

And if $$$ is a big factor you should definatly look at MRD, Dr. D, Jardine ext.

Have you added anything yet? In the latest issue of Dirt Rider they suggest a FMF Power Bomb header w/ the stock pipe. To me my bike is lacking in the low range, I'm gonna try adding two teeth to the rear first to get a little more torq. for the type of riding that currently doing. Desert & trails and than the FMF header. Let me know what you come up with & I'll do the same. I heard the Dr. D pipe added to the bottom end.

I think the actual pipe DR is recommending is the Megabomb? It is roughly 100bucks more than the Powerbomb. They also were suggesting the stock silencer being utilized in combination with the Megabomb. Does anyone have any experience in comparison of the Megabomb to the Powerbomb? Their ad says the Megabomb is designed with more restrictive mufflers in mind such as the one on the 07450. Also is it the pipe or the muffler or both where the results will be seen since the 07 already has the new step-up designed pipe. I would hate to get rid of a better designed pipe when the slip-on muffler is all that is needed. Alot of money for just more noise.

If you do a search you will see that there are people running every pipe that you mentioned and everybody is pleased with it. The biggest problem with asking a pipe question is that not one person has had a chance to ride their bike with each pipe on it, and be able to give you a "which is better" answer.

From what I've seen on this forum and on the track, there are a lot of people running a Dr. D on their 06-07 yzf450. There are a few other people on TT who have gone a route that you didn't mention and thats MRD. I just ordered a pipe from him and will be able to give you a ride report after this weekend. There are also alot of other companies like MRD that you may not have heard of, and may be as good if not better than FMF or WB; just because they have a big name doens't make them better.

So my advise to you is spend some time doing searches on TT, then spend some time at a track and see what other people are using and ask them the pros and cons of that pipe.

And if $$$ is a big factor you should definatly look at MRD, Dr. D, Jardine ext.

OK took the MRD for a test ride, and it improved my bottom end 100% To top it off the power just keeps on comming, and never levels off. Others have compared it to a WB pipe. To tell you the truth I was surprised that a pipe could make that big of a change. I have a ride report posted on the yzf forum along with pictures, if you want to look.

I opted for the Dubach Carbon lo-boy so I could also lower the radiators 1 inch. The pipe is well built and really pumps up the bottom and mid. My friend went with the FMF ti core for just under $300 with tax and really likes it. Probably the best pipe for the buck. Very light and really short too, but not too loud.