Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrmoto

Promotobillet Kickstand

6 posts in this topic

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'm having trouble installing the promotobillet kickstand. The bolts holding the left side footpeg won't budge. I've tried a little "torch" heat & an impact socket to no avail. Any ideas on how best to get these bolts loose?

I didn't want to wait till Monday to use my impact driver that was at the shop, so since it comes with new screws. I used an angle grinder to grind a slot across the head and then used a chisel and hammer to tap it loose. The heat from the grinder helps loosen it too. Sounds kinda primitive for a CNC machinist, but I wanted it on for a ride the next day and it does work.

Same here, I used vise grips. It was a pain in the ass, but they came off. Torx heads on the foot pegs? seems stupid.

Enough said... I'll grind, pound, and vise-grip my way through this. Thanks for the advice.

Use a Torx bit socket on a breaker bar. Apply as much torque as you think you dare to the bolt, then have an assistant give the wrench a sharp rap with about a 40 oz ball peen directly over the head of the bolt, as if trying to drive the wrench into the bolt.