HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Island Boy

Sprocket Question - 07WR450

4 posts in this topic

I find that gears 1-3 are way too short for the kind of riding I am doing: 70% street / 30% bush trails on Metzeler Enduro 3 tires. Thinking of going down on the rear sprocket to 47T or even 46T. All mods done so I have amazing power right now with w/ the 50T. Just looking to stretch the gears. My question is: how significant is the loss in power if I drop down 3 or 4 teeth? Basically, has anyone done this and wish they didn't? Thanks.

I would try a 15 tooth front sprocket first. It is perfect for dual sporting and street riding. Then if you want even more gap you can reduce the rear sprocket :censored:

I have been told that front is always better to adjust but Will I have enough space to increase the front by 1 tooth and still keep the guards?

Yes it should fit. I believe the motor is the same on the 07 as the 06 so the 15 tooth is an easy fit.:censored: