Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamahaYzDAWSON

my 2001 426 wont start

9 posts in this topic

i cant get mine to run even though ive checked spark, timing, intake, exaust anything but i still cant even get it to turn over a few times i m thinking about also getting an auto decomp. cam but im not sure if i need it please help

Try a fresh plug just for the hell of it. 90% of the time mine won't fire this'll fix it.

Try a fresh plug just for the hell of it. 90% of the time mine won't fire this'll fix it.

I second this quick and easy check. This has been my experience also.

I will also say change the plug. And yes you need the auto decompression cam. I would have have sold my 02 426 by 03 if I had not made the switch.

Deffinatley change your plug. Every time i have a problem like this the plug fixes it. So get that changed and the cam mod is a must i would have also sold to buy an 03 if had not done it.:censored:

The fresh plug, clean the carburetor passages thoroughly and look for any air leaks in the entire intake system. If you have spark, gas getting into the cylinder and compression it should fire. If all these are present and it won't fire off check the valve clearance.

Best of luck. these bikes are really reliable, I love my 02 426.

Bill

With the right tool combination, it is actually possible to do it without pulling the tank, but it's still both faster and easier just to take it off.